Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sash21
    • By Sash21 8th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sash21
    Premier Parking Solutions invoice
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    Premier Parking Solutions invoice 8th Sep 17 at 1:45 PM
    Hi,
    I have re-read the newbies thread so many times over and I am still confused (apologies and it's no excuse but I just dont know what to do now and yes some people may say I am thick lol ! )
    Back in November last year a PPS ticket in a pay and display carpark, was put onto the car for unauthorised parking, at the time no signage was clear as to the fact the car wasn't supposed to be parked in that space that can be remembered on entering the car park or space, there was a valid paid ticket on the car which I still have . I cannot see that I did anything wrong
    I was told and read in the papers and on sites just to ignore any letters that came in and throw them away I can't remember having a NKP letter but not sure. I now have DRP letters coming in which I have ignored also but I have been reading on forums now that I shouldnt have ignored the PPS letters and could get taken to court. I see PPS have updated their website saying they have had recent successes in Plymouth Exeter Truro etc.
    If I dont respond to the the DRP's will it get passed back to PPS for them to send me a letter again ?
    I really can't afford fines and to be taken to court
    Can someone please help me ?
    Thank you
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 32,780 Posts
    • 16,805 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    The newbies FAQ thread does explain the process from issue of a ticket to Court action.

Because you ignored the opportunity to appeal you are now in the debt collectors stage. You can safely ignore debt collectors.

If you get court correspondence then come back for advice on dealing with this at the time
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 3:12 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,417 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:12 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:12 PM
    PPS are not prolific in court though, do the search the NEWBIES thread suggests, to read the BMPA Insight and stats about how often PPS try.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin