Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Whad you do when tesco try to round up bills

Yes

9.52% • 2 votes

No

71.43% • 15 votes

Walk away from th store without purchasing

19.05% • 4 votes

You may not vote on this poll

21 votes in total.

• FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 8th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 83Posts
    • 45Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Shopping at Tesco this month? Your bill may be rounded up for charity
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Shopping at Tesco this month? Your bill may be rounded up for charity 8th Sep 17 at 1:41 PM
    If you shop at Tesco over the next month, you may be asked if you want to round up your bill to the nearest 10p to raise money for Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation...
    Read the full story:
    'Shopping at Tesco this month? Your bill may be rounded up for charity'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 18-09-2017 at 4:36 PM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 5
    • bonus2010
    • By bonus2010 4th Dec 17, 10:36 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    bonus2010
    But your example was bag packing. So they are offering a service, not asking for money for nothing.
    Maybe work on your assertiveness.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    They're not employees of the supermarket. And, they are begging because they have a gigantic begging tin, in the way of where I need to pack my bags..Hey, you can dress it up all you want in your mind but they are only offering to pack bags because they are begging or as others would say raising funds... lol Perhaps the people involved should apply for a job then they could offer a service on behalf of the supermarket...
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 4th Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 18,553 Posts
    • 47,759 Thanks
    Pollycat
    They're not employees of the supermarket. And, they are begging because they have a gigantic begging tin, in the way of where I need to pack my bags..Hey, you can dress it up all you want in your mind but they are only offering to pack bags because they are begging or as others would say raising funds... lol Perhaps the people involved should apply for a job then they could offer a service on behalf of the supermarket...
    Originally posted by bonus2010
    Hey, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't see it as begging if someone is offering a service in exchange for remuneration.

As you say, others would class it as raising funds - I've seen Scouts doing this.
    Raising funds is - imho - not the same as begging.
    You can dress it up differently.

They may not be employees of the supermarket but they will have had the OK from the supermarket to offer their service to customers who want it.
    • bonus2010
    • By bonus2010 4th Dec 17, 2:15 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    bonus2010
    No worries Pollycat , best we just disagree on that one. As I’ve said, I realise my views are in the minority but I get round it by using the wonderful self-service checkouts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,426Posts Today

8,311Users online

Martin's Twitter