Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 8th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 7Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Shopping at Tesco this month? Your bill may be rounded up for charity
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Shopping at Tesco this month? Your bill may be rounded up for charity 8th Sep 17 at 1:41 PM
    If you shop at Tesco over the next month, you may be asked if you want to round up your bill to the nearest 10p to raise money for Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation...
    Read the full story:
    'Shopping at Tesco this month? Your bill may be rounded up for charity'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 18-09-2017 at 4:36 PM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 4
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Sep 17, 8:59 AM
    • 17,611 Posts
    • 44,834 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Not necessarily. At least one customer card scheme allows you to pick the charity you want to give to from a long list of charities.

You do have to register an interest into donating to the charity of your choices before you go in to shop though.

So it would be only, do want to round up. Even this could be done away with if you oped in into this on your card before you shop.
    Originally posted by robin58
    Well, the self service tills in our local Tesco Metro were backed up when I went in.
    I usually pop in at the same time several times a week to check if they've got any bargains and the queues were twice as long as normal.

The 'do you want to round up?' screen pops up and people have to read it and opt in or out before moving on to the 'pay' screen..
    I was aware of this and can read & digest information pretty quickly but it did put extra seconds on the time I spent at the till.
    Multiply that by a large volume of customers and you get queues.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

2,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin