Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The Wingco
    • By The Wingco 8th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 11Thanks
    The Wingco
    Lost Android Roaming Ability
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    Lost Android Roaming Ability 8th Sep 17 at 1:33 PM
    Have a Galaxy J3 which I opened up yesterday morning and observed that the Data Roaming button was greyed out, couldn't slide it to 'On'. I suspect the culprit is an overnight software update, but is there any other way that this function could be rendered inoperable, and if so what is the solution? And am I knackered if the reason is a software update (assuming a patch is not downloaded)?
Page 1
    • RumRat
    • By RumRat 8th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,390 Thanks
    RumRat
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    Backup then reset your phone. Of course you tried the switch off, switch on method....
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 8th Sep 17, 6:21 PM
    • 8,267 Posts
    • 6,226 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:21 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:21 PM
    Check your settings for mobile network, and try 3g rather than 4g my phone not a galaxy has had similar problems
    • The Wingco
    • By The Wingco 11th Sep 17, 10:53 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    The Wingco
    • 11th Sep 17, 10:53 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 10:53 PM
    Was a little wary of Backup/Restore, and went into the full User Manual PDF stored on my laptop. So instead of tapping Settings/Mobile Network/Data Roaming (which brought up a blank), I hit Settings/Data Usage/Mobile Data - and voila! Thanks for your interest.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

2,257Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin