Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 8th Sep 17, 12:39 PM
    • 64Posts
    • 27Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: Millions could face an EARLIER deadline to reclaim PPI
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:39 PM
    MSE News: Millions could face an EARLIER deadline to reclaim PPI 8th Sep 17 at 12:39 PM
    If you think you may have been mis-sold PPI, don't assume you've got until the advertised 2019 deadline to reclaim - millions who may be owed could face a much earlier cut-off....
    Read the full story:
    'Millions could face an EARLIER deadline to reclaim PPI'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Sep 17, 1:21 PM
    • 89,518 Posts
    • 55,956 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:21 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:21 PM
    But many of them, known as contact letters
    Actually, they are known as Client Care Letters or CCL for short.

There are number of things to watch out for though - for instance, your PPI and any connected loan or credit must have been taken out after 6 April 2007 or taken out before this date but still active after 6 April 2008. For full help see Have you been 'Plevined'?
    And mortgages were only covered if taken before October 2004. not those arranged after. Although the vast majority of MPPI is well under the 50% tipping point. So, plevin isnt expected to be an issue with MPPI (or standalone regular premium PPI). Single premium loan PPI is where most of the big commissions, over the tipping point, were.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 8th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Mchambers
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    What a complete shambles.
    • Caddyman
    • By Caddyman 8th Sep 17, 1:57 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    Caddyman
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:57 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:57 PM
    I keep seeing the word 'Millions' ?? Did millions and millions of people really take out PPI? or is this whole thing about PPI just sensationalist reporting on a national level?

It's funny, yesterday, I had a text message on a pay as you go phone that I've quite literally only had the SIM card for 2 days. No one has even been given the number yet, and still I got a text message from a number I then did an internet search on, to discover it's a PPI claims managing company with dozens of complaints made about cold calling. There's clearly money to be made from it!

Is anyone else bored of PPI news?.......
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 8th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Mchambers
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    I will complain to the FCA.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 8th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 878 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    You really need to find something constructive to do with your time!
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Sep 17, 7:01 PM
    • 89,518 Posts
    • 55,956 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:01 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:01 PM
    The FCA do not handle consumer complaints.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 8th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Mchambers
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    The FCA do not handle consumer complaints.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    They will handle complaints with regards their Arnie advert.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Sep 17, 7:56 PM
    • 89,518 Posts
    • 55,956 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:56 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:56 PM
    They will handle complaints with regards their Arnie advert.
    Indeed!!!

I could not believe the dire quality and presentation of that advert. Then again, I guess they had to pitch it the appropriate target market
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 8th Sep 17, 9:33 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Indeed!!!

I could not believe the dire quality and presentation of that advert. Then again, I guess they had to pitch it the appropriate target market
    I agree totally. I thought that it was dross ! At least, Arnie should have got loads of wonga for a few minutes of his voice.

I will let everyone know as/when i get a response. For info, I cc'd the em to the MSE forum team as well. I was very surprised that they did not ask the FCA for a response to their article today.
    Last edited by Mchambers; 08-09-2017 at 9:38 PM.
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 9th Sep 17, 10:35 PM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mersey
    I keep seeing the word 'Millions' ?? Did millions and millions of people really take out PPI?
    Originally posted by Caddyman

Yes, in short.

Not that surprising given the population of the UK.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • Caddyman
    • By Caddyman 10th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    Caddyman
    Yes, in short.

Not that surprising given the population of the UK.
    Originally posted by Mersey
    I'm aware of the population size of the UK.

I'm just interested if anyone has any figures to back up the 'millions' of PPI claimant figures, as personally, myself included, I genuinely know of no one in my circle of friends and family that ever took out PPI intentionally or otherwise. I quite like statistics!
    • Placida
    • By Placida 10th Sep 17, 10:38 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Placida

I'm just interested if anyone has any figures to back up the 'millions' of PPI claimant figures, as personally, myself included, I genuinely know of no one in my circle of friends and family that ever took out PPI intentionally or otherwise.
    "Overall, since 2011, firms have handled over 18.4 million PPI complaints and paid over £26 billion in redress.” (FCA March 2017)

"A total of £262.5m was paid in June 2017 to customers who complained about the way they were sold payment protection insurance (PPI). This takes the amount paid since January 2011 to £27.7bn." (Monthly PPI refunds and compensation statistics FCA updated 06/09/2017)

I quite like statistics!
    https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/complaints-data/aggregate
    • Alpine Star
    • By Alpine Star 11th Sep 17, 11:55 AM
    • 1,250 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Alpine Star
    Actually, they are known as Client Care Letters or CCL for short.

Customer Contact Letters https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/guidance-consultation/gc12-04.pdf
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 11th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mersey

I'm just interested if anyone has any figures to back up the 'millions' of PPI claimant figures, as personally, myself included, I genuinely know of no one in my circle of friends and family that ever took out PPI intentionally or otherwise. I quite like statistics!

As Placida indicates, yes: many millions.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if there are more PPI policies than the adult population, as some people had eg four store cards and a bank loan.

As for your last sentence - that reminds me of people saying they know no-one who voted Tory or Labour (when over 80% voted for one or the other). Widen your circle of friends is all I can suggest.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,411Users online

Martin's Twitter