Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Briant_Gumble
    • By Briant_Gumble 8th Sep 17, 12:14 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Briant_Gumble
    Paid too much by REED?
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:14 PM
    Paid too much by REED? 8th Sep 17 at 12:14 PM
    So today I have been sent a payslip by REED.

According to it my NET pay is much higher than I expected.

It looks to me like they have taken my gross pay, calculated the figure for my deductions, income tax, national insurance etc. and then added rather than subtracted that to the gross pay rather than my net pay.

I have received roughly 30 pay slips from REED and this is the first time my net pay had appeared higher than my gross pay.

Has anyone else experienced this from an employer.

The pay date is Monday so I haven't yet received the money to my bank account.

Coincidentally I am actually a bit short of cash right now so I could do with an advance.

I am in an ongoing temp placement so I could pay the money back by having it deducted from my forthcoming payslips.

What do you think I should do?
Page 1
    • Madbags
    • By Madbags 8th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Madbags
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    It could be that you've had a tax refund.

Has your tax code changed from your current payslip to your previous one?

Are there any minus figures on your payslip next to PAYE for example?

Without seeing the payslip it's hard to tell. If in doubt ask REED . If there's been an error and they find out they will look to correct it and you say your short of cash now.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 8th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 35,644 Posts
    • 45,883 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    If you are already aware of it, it could be looked upon at the very least a dishonest person at worst a fraudster. Be very careful in what you do, it can have far reacing consequences.
    If it is indeed an error pay it back immediately, peace of mind is priceless
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 8th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    • 4,105 Posts
    • 4,233 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    Contact REED to check the actual situation. If it is a genuine error by them they are within their rights to claw it back immediately. If you go and blow it the end result will be you being even worse off than you are now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,591Posts Today

10,712Users online

Martin's Twitter