Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sonia G
    • By Sonia G 8th Sep 17, 12:02 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Sonia G
    transfer photos from tablet
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:02 PM
    transfer photos from tablet 8th Sep 17 at 12:02 PM
    good morning everyone

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab a on which I have taken photos which I want to back up to a memory stick like I do on the laptop. I have obtained a little cable, one end plugs into the tablet & the other into my memory stick. This is recognized by the tablet as a usb. I am unable to find how to save my photos to this. I have a share option but this doesn't show the usb bit & I can't find a "save to" option.
    Do I need to download something to do this? I've had a look on google but most of it refers to smartphones or talks in a language I totally I don't understand.
    I would really appreciate your help (in English please)
Page 1
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 8th Sep 17, 12:34 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 1,770 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:34 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:34 PM
    back up to 'google photos' app on tablet

from there you can get them on a computer by logging into 'google photos' with your details on a browser

Download and save to PC or memory stick
    Last edited by ballyblack; 08-09-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 8th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 3,498 Posts
    • 3,553 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    Why not plug the Tab into your PC? That way you can open the Tab in Windows Explorer (on the PC), select and copy the photos to the PC. (Or copy straight to the memory stick, also plugged into the PC).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 8th Sep 17, 2:58 PM
    • 7,548 Posts
    • 8,032 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:58 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:58 PM
    Try something like ES File Explorer (on Android) which lets you navigate around folders on the tablet like Windows Explorer does on a PC.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,051Posts Today

7,324Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks

• Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• Follow Martin