Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nethkhar
    • By nethkhar 8th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nethkhar
    Access road in Robin Hood Airport.
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    Access road in Robin Hood Airport. 8th Sep 17 at 11:43 AM
    Hi, could someone please confirm that the first replay to my PCN would be the one titled "Template appeal for IPC members" in the newbie sticky. Also could someone tell me the best time to send it as I'm a little confused over timing.

I received a PCN from Vehicle Control Services Limited based at Robin Hood Airport from thier mobile enforment camera van, which I beleive but cannot prove were following me around the site. However, I was on the site delivering parcels for Amazon and the company I was delivering too has blocked of the entrance to their carpark with bollards. I drove down the road to try and find another entrance, failed, turned round and parked up on what was then the wrong side of the road close to the original entrance, half on the road and half on the path. I was closeish to an exit from a roundabout but there was plenty of room for traffic but there wasn't any other traffic. There is a single yellow line all along the road which I am allowed to park on if I'm unloading which I was. I was parked there for no longer than 5 mins and then was on my way. The mobile van took photos of my van (28/08/17) and issued a PC on the 31/08/17 and I recieved it on the 06/09/17.

Is the above title post the correct post to use and would a particular date be good time to send it via email or should I do it now?

Thank you for any assistance.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    The letter in the faq is the one to send.

Bear in mind that IPC appeals are futile as advised in the FAQ
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    Is the above title post the correct post to use and would a particular date be good time to send it via email or should I do it now?
    Don't overthink an IPC ticket, they won't cancel it and the NEWBIES thread tells you that, it's just something to send IF you are the sort of person who can't ignore the scam and suck up some scary letters!

However, I was on the site delivering parcels for Amazon and the company I was delivering too has blocked of the entrance to their carpark with bollards.
    Tell you what I would do - contact the owners of the Airport and explain all this, and ask them to step in and call their dogs off. DO THAT NOW.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• nethkhar
    • By nethkhar 8th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nethkhar
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    I'm confused, are both replies basically telling me I'm going to lose if I try to fight this?? Or are you saying I can only fight it in court and I'm likely to lose then??
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 3:34 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:34 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:34 PM
    No. Both replies are telling you what you should have read in the Newbies FAQ thread! (Appeals to IPC companies are futile)

If they take court action then that will be the time to fight them - and hopefully win with assistance from here at that time (if it comes to that)
    • nethkhar
    • By nethkhar 8th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nethkhar
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    Ok thank you. I'm trying to find out how to contact the owners as we speak I did read the Newbies FAQ thread but it is difficult to understand a lot of it when your confronted with this for the first time. Sorry for my ignorance
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    It is difficult on first read through - but take it slowly in chunks and don't try and run before you can walk with each section
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Sep 17, 3:42 PM
    • 15,423 Posts
    • 24,121 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:42 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:42 PM
    I'm confused, are both replies basically telling me I'm going to lose if I try to fight this?? Or are you saying I can only fight it in court and I'm likely to lose then??
    Originally posted by nethkhar
    Where in the replies does it say anything like that?

You're never likely to go to court. There has never been an airport 'stopping where stopping is prohibited' court case anywhere in the country pursued by any airport parking operator, whether that is VCS, APCOA, Indigo, or UKPPO, at Robin Hood, Liverpool John Lennon, Newcastle, Luton, Birmingham, Leeds Bradford, East Midlands or any other airport.

There must be a good reason why never ever has one single case from thousands of 'stopping' PCNs issued got to a courtroom - your research on this forum will tell you why.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 08-09-2017 at 3:44 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

1,613Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin