Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NickMarsden
    • By NickMarsden 8th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    NickMarsden
    Joint Liability of Credit Card Company
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    Joint Liability of Credit Card Company 8th Sep 17 at 11:35 AM
    Purchased used car (3 years old) from main Franchised Merc Dealer. Part Credit Card, part Visa, part p/ex. Fault appeared (ingress of water down the A frame pillar) 2 months into ownership. Dealer attempted repair - failed. Dealer attempted repair again - failed. Dealer then refused to try and correct the fault. Put complaint right up to National Franchise Manager who wont help resolve. Put Complaint to Motor Ombudsman who took 4.5 months to rule having been given false information by the dealer. Dealer Group then withdrew from Ombudsman Service in favour of Nat Conciliation Service. Complained to Credit Card Company who have stated that they were "unable to uphold the complaint as there has been no Bank error in the handling of the claim". They say I have to prove a breach of contract actually occurred which I believe that I have done adequately. Bank claims there is no evidence to support fact that car was sold with a leaking roof., despite dealer trying to fix it! I understood in law that it was up to the dealer to prove that the car didn't leak when they sold it as the fault occurred within 6 months of buying the car. Now going to the Financial Ombudsman as my understanding is that the Credit Card Company is jointly liable with the dealer where there is breach of contract?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,237Posts Today

8,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin