Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 8th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Lioness786
    Letter before claim - gladtones- please help!
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    Letter before claim - gladtones- please help! 8th Sep 17 at 11:29 AM
    Hi All, I am a newbie on here and need some advice PLEASE!

I have a couple of days ago received a LBC from Gladstones, on shoddy paper and unsigned re a claim issued by Parking control management for parking in a Petrol station for a short period of time but not using the services a few months ago. I know after reading on the forums the letter does not conform to the standards required as its simple a letter with one line with a date, location and fine - which is now £160 - no other information or evidence is offered. It states "unless a satisfactory response is received we are instructed to start court proceedings against you without further notice" and the claim may increase blah blah blah

At the time we did not see any signs what-so ever saying we could not park there. We have since got photos of the site and there are indeed signs but not clear, quiet small and high up. There is no way of knowing the signs are there, unless you know they are there. I'm pretty sure there are no signs on the entrance although I need to go back and get this confirmed.

I have seen various suggestions as to how to respond but not sure on the best way. I don't want to get it wrong and it go to court. I noticed lotsofchildren123 has a response drafted in another post 5th Apr 17, 1:39 PM), (Smart parking,DRP charge, SHOCK) as a guide to a post on another thread. Is it ok to use this and adapt it? This will be my first letter to Gladstones.

PLEASE help, the letter needs to be sent back ideally today. My hubby is getting quiet stressed as he is the RK and is saying to pay it but I am reluctant to. It seems they very cunningly did not send the letter out until a few days after producing it.
    Last edited by Lioness786; 08-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Page 2
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 9th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    Thanks all for you help and advise, It is much appreciated!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,716Posts Today

4,486Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin