Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • latttte-san
    • By latttte-san 8th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    latttte-san
    successful POPLA but i receive letters from debt collector
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    successful POPLA but i receive letters from debt collector 8th Sep 17 at 11:27 AM
    Hi everyone

I thanyou all so much for helped me to put togther apppeal for POPLA at the begining of this year, The appeal was successful, on feb of 2017 I have received email from POPLA state that my case was successful and I dont need to pay anything.

However i have now received letters from debt collector for 140 quid whom credited by APCOA regarding an unpayed PCN, which is the same one with same reference number that was successully approved by POPLA.

Im looking for opinions for this case, appreciate if you have any advice for me.

thankyou !!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    • 33,252 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    Ignore debt collectors is the easiest bit of advice to follow.

You see it all over this forum
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 8,150 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    Hi everyone

I thanyou all so much for helped me to put togther apppeal for POPLA at the begining of this year, The appeal was successful, on feb of 2017 I have received email from POPLA state that my case was successful and I dont need to pay anything.

However i have now received letters from debt collector for 140 quid whom credited by APCOA regarding an unpayed PCN, which is the same one with same reference number that was successully approved by POPLA.

Im looking for opinions for this case, appreciate if you have any advice for me.

thankyou !!
    Originally posted by latttte-san
    With a successful POPLA appeal in writing you are safe

Who is the idiot PPC and the idiot debt collector ??

This is a complaint to the BPA and David Dunford of the DVLA

Copy in your MP and Trading Standards
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Sep 17, 12:33 PM
    • 7,379 Posts
    • 6,423 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:33 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:33 PM
    Even more important than complaining to the BPA, who will do nothing, you should complain in writing to your local Trading Standards Department,
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 12:36 PM
    • 51,532 Posts
    • 65,134 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:36 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:36 PM
    Yes, agreed complain about this breach by APCOA:

aos@britishparking.co.uk

and

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

You can also make an online complaint to the Information Commissioner, and in your shoes I would do so*, saying APCOA have continued to process your data, and even worse, have shared your data unlawfully with a third party who have sent unwarranted demands for money, causing you serious distress.

Use those words.

Same sort of thing in writing, to Trading Standards at your local Council (and we don't mean the useless CAB!).

* an upheld ICO complaint paves the way for YOU to claim compensation from APCOA after all this, in the small claims court, and we can tell you how (we are talking a 3 figure sum, what sweet revenge!). I suspect APCOA would offer you an out of court settlement in this situation, as it seems cut & dried!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-09-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,657Users online

Martin's Twitter