Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • laura the explorer
    • By laura the explorer 8th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 4Thanks
    laura the explorer
    Broker query
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    Broker query 8th Sep 17 at 10:48 AM
    An insurance broker has repeated claimed that I am a client but cannot produce an authorisation. Now his name has appeared on one of my annual premium bills.

All requests by me are ignored or replied to in an oblique way.

Please help.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 11:07 AM
    • 32,726 Posts
    • 16,745 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:07 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:07 AM
    Do you want to cancel s policy and the broker is invoking a commission claw back clause?

If so ask for a copy of the contract you agreed!
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    • 89,435 Posts
    • 54,898 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    An insurance broker has repeated claimed that I am a client but cannot produce an authorisation.
    Did you buy the insurance via them (or a company that they have since bought or taken the client bank over)?

An authorisation from you would only be obtained on an agency transfer.
    Now his name has appeared on one of my annual premium bills.
    Broker name often appears on the renewals. Quite normal.

Please help.
    What is it that you are trying to achieve?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • laura the explorer
    • By laura the explorer 9th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    laura the explorer
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    Thank you so much for writing. I do not have a contract and they cannot or do not produce any type of authorisation. Most recently a letter from them included a form for me to sign. I did not sign it.

Nothing seems to stop their acting as though they have authorisation.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Sep 17, 11:07 AM
    • 25,664 Posts
    • 10,200 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:07 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:07 AM
    You dont always have to sign a form to create a contract.

Lacking details here... Why do you think they do not have a contract with yourself? Besides no signature?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 89,435 Posts
    • 54,898 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    do not have a contract and they cannot or do not produce any type of authorisation.
    A broker on insurance wouldnt have a contract in most cases and most consumer general insurance does not require signatures nowadays.

Nothing seems to stop their acting as though they have authorisation.
    I refer you back to post #3. Please answer those questions otherwise we are just going around in circles.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,541Posts Today

9,534Users online

Martin's Twitter