Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 8,707Posts
    • 20,987Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Thanks for your spam button help everyone
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    Thanks for your spam button help everyone 8th Sep 17 at 10:30 AM
    We really appreciate your help clicking the spam button everyone. The more people click the quicker the spam goes.

Thank you!

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • Mutton Geoff
    • By Mutton Geoff 8th Sep 17, 10:45 AM
    • 956 Posts
    • 1,001 Thanks
    Mutton Geoff
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:45 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:45 AM
    Thank you, there was tonnes of it at 4am that made the forum unreadable. Thank you for sorting it so quickly. I hope the spammers [deleted]
    Compensations/Refunds from Banks & Institutions - £4,165 | Stooz Profits - £7,636 | Quidco - £3,963

All with a big thank you to Martin and MSE.com from Mutton Geoff!
    • ciderboy2009
    • By ciderboy2009 8th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 298 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    ciderboy2009
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    Andrea,
    Is there any possibility of having a Spam button added on the view all users posts page? It could save a lot of time!
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    • 18,543 Posts
    • 14,271 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    Andrea,
    Is there any possibility of having a Spam button added on the view all users posts page? It could save a lot of time!
    Originally posted by ciderboy2009
    But in reality you should only need to click the spam button one one post and MSE should then review that user's posts and delete all of the spam anyway. It's all I do when the forum is flooded.
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 8th Sep 17, 12:55 PM
    • 2,310 Posts
    • 1,515 Thanks
    Vortigern
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:55 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:55 PM
    Originally posted by ciderboy2009
    If the user has posted multiple spam messages I use the "Report" button on one post only. This usually gets the spammer and all their posts removed as soon as MSE Towers opens for business.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    • 8,707 Posts
    • 20,987 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    Hi,

agrinnall - we need you to click the spam button on as many posts as possible. That gives us the best help

ciderboy2009 - great idea. It's not one we can put in place now but it's certainly something to consider when we re-platform.

MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    • warehouse
    • By warehouse 8th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 5,638 Thanks
    warehouse
    Would this suggest that the way users register is too easy for spam bots to get past?
    Pants
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 8,707 Posts
    • 20,987 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    If the user has posted multiple spam messages I use the "Report" button on one post only. This usually gets the spammer and all their posts removed as soon as MSE Towers opens for business.
    Originally posted by Vortigern
    You can do that too but clicking the spam button means it could be gone sooner

Join the MSE Forum
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 8th Sep 17, 1:04 PM
    • 2,310 Posts
    • 1,515 Thanks
    Vortigern
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:04 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:04 PM
    ...something to consider when we re-platform.
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea
    Another suggestion for you:
    Can we have the spam button at the top of the post, so we don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of some very long posts that we've no intention of reading.

The need for all that scrolling is what stops me using the spam button on multiple posts.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Sep 17, 1:28 PM
    • 18,543 Posts
    • 14,271 Thanks
    agrinnall
    agrinnall - we need you to click the spam button on as many posts as possible. That gives us the best help
    I'm not going to be doing that, so I'd suggest that you review your processes so that you can recognise spam without needing mutiple posts by the same user to be notified. You're the one being paid to run the forum, not me.
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 8th Sep 17, 1:39 PM
    • 1,627 Posts
    • 988 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    I click on few, maybe 6-10 if the forum is full up.

How about a spambuster badge for people with a specific count of reports?
    • redux
    • By redux 8th Sep 17, 1:55 PM
    • 17,505 Posts
    • 22,354 Thanks
    redux
    I'm not going to be doing that, so I'd suggest that you review your processes so that you can recognise spam without needing mutiple posts by the same user to be notified. You're the one being paid to run the forum, not me.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    The staff review reported posts in due course, but the point of doing it on each post by a username is that a certain number of forum members doing so automatically deletes the post earlier.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 8th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    RG2015
    Hi,

ciderboy2009 - great idea. It's not one we can put in place now but it's certainly something to consider when we re-platform.
    Hi Andrea,

I am happy to click on spam posts if it will help to get them deleted more quickly. However one of my threads was completely removed yesterday when a user hit the spam button on a single post by a spammer within my thread.

Yesterday was certainly a bad spam day but it is very unnerving to have your thread removed even if it eventually turns out to be a mistake by a Board Guide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,556Posts Today

10,773Users online

Martin's Twitter