Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 8th Sep 17, 10:16 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 15Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    Turnaround time as IAS
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:16 AM
    Turnaround time as IAS 8th Sep 17 at 10:16 AM
    Does anyone have an idea of the turnaround time at IAS please? I have looked at the newbies and I am considering my next step. Unfortunately I went down the appeals route before I found this site.

I am expecting this to be declined and have indicated on my appeal to IAS that I shall see it through. I will post up the result of the IAS appeal when received.

I don't want the operator to engage a third party but on the other hand the harassment of OAP's by debt collectors never looks good in court.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 8th Sep 17, 10:25 AM
    • 7,513 Posts
    • 7,550 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:25 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:25 AM
    I thought for a brief hopeful moment this was going to announce that everyone at the IAS had been fired and maybe proper professional people had replaced them!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 5,921 Posts
    • 7,623 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    I thought for a brief hopeful moment this was going to announce that everyone at the IAS had been fired and maybe proper professional people had replaced them!
    Originally posted by pogofish
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 32,726 Posts
    • 16,745 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to understand the game you are now in and the futility of sppeals to IPC companies

They have 6 years to start legal action against you if that's your question
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 8th Sep 17, 10:36 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:36 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:36 AM
    I had already gone down the appeals route before I found this site. Reading up on the court proceedings as that will be the next step. I am just waiting now for an adjudicators decision from IAS and before anyone else says that I am wasting my time, I know that now but I didn't at the time.
    Last edited by Snakes Belly; 08-09-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 5,921 Posts
    • 7,623 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    Does anyone have an idea of the turnaround time at IAS please? I have looked at the newbies and I am considering my next step. Unfortunately I went down the appeals route before I found this site.

I am expecting this to be declined and have indicated on my appeal to IAS that I shall see it through. I will post up the result of the IAS appeal when received.

I don't want the operator to engage a third party but on the other hand the harassment of OAP's by debt collectors never looks good in court.
    Originally posted by Snakes Belly
    Of course the IAS will reject your appeal, that's why their
    PPC members join the IPC

IPC = INTERNATIONAL PREDATORS CO-OP
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    • 32,726 Posts
    • 16,745 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    I had already gone down the appeals route before I found this site. Reading up on the court proceedings as that will be the next step. I am just waiting now for an adjudicators decision from IAS and before anyone else says that I am wasting my time, I know that now but I didn't at the time.
    Originally posted by Snakes Belly
    Read up the newbies FAQ thread.

The next step is unlikely to be court proceedings so don't waste time stressing about that now and preparing anything.

Next step is likely to be debt collectors stage. You should ignore debt collectors!
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 8th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    Thank you Quentin. I am getting stressed about it. Not so much the going to court but the preparation. For a lay person it seems not so much about common sense but more about finding a flaw in the operator's argument. I really wish that I had found the site before I appealed. I even responded to one of those little notices that the operator sticks on your windscreen to get your details so they would not even have had to write to the DVLA. Told them I was driver and keeper. Handed it to them on a plate. The IAS appeal went back and forth like a game of tennis. What a waste of time. The only good point is that I wasted their time as well as my own.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 8th Sep 17, 11:17 AM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 5,331 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:17 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:17 AM
    have you, at any point complained to the landowner at any stage? if so what did you say?
    why did you get a parking charge notice in the first place?
    Scouts car park was it?
    pay and display? other?

before you complain to the landowner put your complaint on here first.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 11:20 AM
    • 32,726 Posts
    • 16,745 Thanks
    Quentin
    There is no need to get stressed now!

See #7.
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 8th Sep 17, 11:36 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    Notice was for not displaying a ticket as the machine was not working. Left a note. I think that the operator (Excel) is the leaseholder and not the management company. I really don't think that the landowner would be interested. The Excel car park is used mainly by people using the station and the Travelodge. I think the land belongs to the Travelodge and they have had some dreadful reviews on Tripadvisor about the parking. They have ruined a few weekends which does not seem to bother the Travelodge. I was using the station so I don't think that I will cut any ice with the owner. Thanks for the suggestion though. There are two relevant cases to the scenario and there are some issues with signage. I might at a later date need someone to look at the signage. In their Prima Facie case the operator stated that the ticket machines had "pay here" signs over them. I went back to look and not all do have these signs. In fact the other machine on the car park is not signed at all. It is between two bins in the same colour and looks like a receptacle for cigarette butts. Excel never mentioned the two other ticket machines in my original appeal. I only saw them in the IAS appeal on a site map that was uploaded. I could not understand how I could have missed them so I visited the car park again and they are not visible. One is also located on another operator's car park and the other is not signed. I have the photographs.
    Last edited by Snakes Belly; 08-09-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 12:33 PM
    • 49,919 Posts
    • 63,344 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    In their Prima Facie case the operator stated that the ticket machines had "pay here" signs over them. I went back to look and not all do have these signs. In fact the other machine on the car park is not signed at all. It is between two bins in the same colour and looks like a receptacle for cigarette butts. Excel never mentioned the two other ticket machines in my original appeal. I only saw them in the IAS appeal on a site map that was uploaded. I could not understand how I could have missed them so I visited the car park again and they are not visible. One is also located on another operator's car park and the other is not signed. I have the photographs.
    Assuming the IAS are unimpressed, I'd say that's the common sense makings of a defence for a hearing right there! You'd get a fairer decision in most courts and most are VERY familiar with the shenanigans of Excel, by now.

And we win so often that I fully expect every poster here to be successful, as long as they stick around (not counting people who might grab a defence and think that's all they need to do).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 8th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    Thank you Coupon-Mad. There are a few other issues which I won't waste other posters time on here until I get the decision.
    Last edited by Snakes Belly; 08-09-2017 at 1:59 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,563Posts Today

9,377Users online

Martin's Twitter