Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th Sep 17, 9:35 AM
    • 23,217Posts
    • 48,466Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Boots 20 points / £1 this weekend
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:35 AM
    Boots 20 points / £1 this weekend 8th Sep 17 at 9:35 AM
    For spends over £50. Suits me as I need to top up my skincare and much is on 3 for 2 offer, so this equivalent of 20% back in points (at least £10 in value) is very welcome.

But it has occurred to me: it's been a while since I've seen anything super-bargain-alicious / online stacking bargains from Boots. Anyone?

ETA: am browsing and not happy to see the Time Delayserum I use is OOS. But then neither is it on 3 for 2.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 08-09-2017 at 9:47 AM.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Page 1
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 8th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 4,346 Posts
    • 4,758 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    Boots points event - 20 points per £1 when you spend £50
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    Quite a staggering deal. Essentially it's 20% cashback on purchases of £50 or more.

Good for those wanting to get started on Xmas shopping.

Runs from 8-10 September in store and 8-11 Sept Online

http://www.boots.com/points-event?cm_mmc=Email-_-Events-_-20th_Birthday_T4_UK-_-Null

Terms and conditions
    Offer available to Boots Advantage Card holders only
    Offer available in store, online and via in-store ordering
    A total of 20 points per £1 will be automatically added to your Advantage Card once the £50 threshold has been met in a single transaction in store and online
    Points are not available on NHS prescription items, infant milks (up to six months), gift vouchers/cards, postage stamps or carrier bags. In addition, points are also not available on gift boxes and delivery charges for purchases made online
    For members of More Treats for Over 60s and Parenting Club, you will only receive 20 points per £1 plus an additional 6 club points for each £1 spent on qualifying items
    Points cannot be spent on prescription items, Boots Opticians, Hearingcare, infant milks (up to six months), gift vouchers/cards, postage stamps, gift boxes, carrier bags, delivery charges or bootsphoto.com
    Offer cannot be used as part payment or applied after purchase
    Boots Opticians and Hearingcare are excluded from this points event
    During any points event, existing points promotions will not be multiplied
    Offer available 8-10 September 2017 in store and 8-11 September 2017 online
    No cash alternative. Subject to availability
    Full Boots Advantage Card terms and conditions apply
    You must be registered with boots.com and logged in when placing your order
    Boots UK reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time

Read more at http://www.boots.com/floating-editorial/campaigns/points-event#M48Z6cdqDY72lDCJ.99
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 9th Sep 17, 6:14 AM
    • 6,285 Posts
    • 19,192 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:14 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:14 AM
    It's a good deal if you happen to find anything at Boots which isn't already overpriced by comparison with other retailers - and there are a few things, usually those on special offer.

But most of their stock is priced well above identical or equivalent items elsewhere, so even a 20% reduction may only bring it back down to normal levels. Compare prices carefully!

Boots is seen by the majority as a trusted British brand, and it carefully nurtures that image. In reality, it's an American owned company with a shady recent history of serious tax avoidance and the use of overseas tax havens to avoid UK taxes - ironic that the NHS which it's cheated out of revenues is one of the main reasons for its very existence.

Not a nice company at all.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 9th Sep 17, 7:20 AM
    • 23,217 Posts
    • 48,466 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:20 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:20 AM
    It's a good deal if you happen to find anything at Boots which isn't already overpriced by comparison with other retailers - and there are a few things, usually those on special offer.

But most of their stock is priced well above identical or equivalent items elsewhere, so even a 20% reduction may only bring it back down to normal levels. Compare prices carefully!

Boots is seen by the majority as a trusted British brand, and it carefully nurtures that image. In reality, it's an American owned company with a shady recent history of serious tax avoidance and the use of overseas tax havens to avoid UK taxes - ironic that the NHS which it's cheated out of revenues is one of the main reasons for its very existence.

Not a nice company at all.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    I am not a fan of its healthcare. But it's spot on with the beauty market - and if you happen to use their own brand skincare / makeup, this leaves you quids in...and able to buy more because the discount directs you straight back to the tills at Boots.

Looking forward to receiving my delivery today!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,350Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin