Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lachsschnittchen
    • By Lachsschnittchen 8th Sep 17, 9:02 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lachsschnittchen
    APCOA PCN Birmingham Airport in Rental Car
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:02 AM
    APCOA PCN Birmingham Airport in Rental Car 8th Sep 17 at 9:02 AM
    Hello,
    I realise there are a ton of threads on this and I don't want to waste anyone's time but is there a letter I can copy specifically designed for receiving this notice in a rental car? I do not understand half the points made in the letters posted so I don't know which points I should or shouldn't copy. I have only received the PCN so far dated 24/08/17 for a contravention of dropping off or picking up outside designated areas (in front of the IBIS hotel, actually we just stopped right in the middle of the street) on 16/07/17. There are no signs or red lines to be seen on the CCTV images they have sent me. We had registered 2 drivers for the rental car, my father and myself.
    If anyone can just point me in the right direction to a letter that has already been formulated I would be very grateful!
    Thank you very much,
    Caroline
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 33,276 Posts
    • 17,205 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    The Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum advises on how to deal with this situation including extra advice when a hire car is involved.
    • Lachsschnittchen
    • By Lachsschnittchen 8th Sep 17, 9:21 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lachsschnittchen
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:21 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:21 AM
    Hi Quentin,
    Thank you for your fast reply, however the examples given are not to APCOA and are therefore in my very unqualified eyes completely different to the letter I need to write?
    Thank you again for your time,
    Caroline
    • Lachsschnittchen
    • By Lachsschnittchen 8th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lachsschnittchen
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    I have also received the letter from APCOA directly, not from my car hire company, addressed to "the respondent" and naming me as "the registered keeper" of the vehicle.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    • 7,382 Posts
    • 6,425 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    This is almost certainly land covered by bye-laws where different rules apply. Read these

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/byelaws/

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213537105-Railways-and-Byelaws

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_en-GBGB707GB707&q=pranster+bye+laws&gws_rd=ssl

There is much much more, google "parking fine at Luton Airport".
    Last edited by The Deep; 08-09-2017 at 9:33 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Lachsschnittchen
    • By Lachsschnittchen 8th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lachsschnittchen
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    Thank you! I have read so many of these threads but am just so lost. I have absolutely no legal knowledge whatsoever. I was hoping for a letter that has already been posted from someone in my position, there must be one? I know it's the easy way out but I am forever grateful
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    • 51,537 Posts
    • 65,144 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    If anyone can just point me in the right direction to a letter that has already been formulated I would be very grateful!
    The template in the NEWBIES thread 'for all BPA members' is for all BPA members. APCOA are one.

We never lose against APCOA and this will be a cinch. No need to look further.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,952Posts Today

7,833Users online

Martin's Twitter