Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The Leopard
    • By The Leopard 8th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    • 33Posts
    • 13Thanks
    The Leopard
    NCP notice to keeper
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    NCP notice to keeper 8th Sep 17 at 9:00 AM
    Hello

Just arrived back from being away to a notice to keeper from NCP. Having spoken to the driver they paid for parking but on closer inspection of the receipt they put the wrong number plate into the machine (the one they use more regularly out of habit). The machine didn't identify the vehicle so they had to input the entry time. Put in and paid for an hour but looking at the notice they had arrived 20 minutes earlier than they thought and the ANPR will have picked up a different car going in and out and no payment received for that vehicle.

This is a genuine error and will be appealed. I've read through the newbies thread over the past day or so and I am clear around not identifying the driver and appealing as the registered keeper but have a couple of questions:

1) I use the blue text in the newbie thread for the appeal to NCP? Do I go into anymore detail than what is in the text at this stage?
    2) I'm unclear on the 14 day point. The 'incident' happened on the 18th August, notice was posted on 31st August and the 'date notice is given' is 4th September. What does it mean for this appeal that the earliest this notice could have been received was over 14 days after the incident or is this irrelevant?

Thank you.
Page 2
    • The Leopard
    • By The Leopard 22nd Sep 17, 9:02 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    The Leopard
    NCP, NPC, PCN...
    Will definitely spell check before sending!
    • The Leopard
    • By The Leopard 25th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    The Leopard
    Just wanted to check prior to sending this POPLA appeal off whether I've missed anything that would make the appeal more effective or is the previous sufficient? Thank you.
    • The Leopard
    • By The Leopard 11th Oct 17, 11:24 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    The Leopard
    Just a quick note to say NCP have decided not to contest the POPLA appeal and say thank you all for your help and the brilliant resources that made the process very simple. Thank You!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,265Users online

Martin's Twitter