Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • skintpaul
    • By skintpaul 8th Sep 17, 8:46 AM
    • 1,428Posts
    • 12,909Thanks
    skintpaul
    praise- Tesco. No pressure from sales staff / mobile bargain too.
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:46 AM
    praise- Tesco. No pressure from sales staff / mobile bargain too. 8th Sep 17 at 8:46 AM
    Was looking for a simple (cheap!) smatphone, to replace my Hauwei that gave up after just a few months (have lost receipt, before you go there..!),

Most branded shops in town don't seem to have any prices on display, and staff lose interest FAST, if you're not after the last eyephone, or a contract..

Was in Tesco for other stuff, and noticed a decent range of phones-
    I got a Alcatel Pixi, for £35 - includes £10 Tesco pay as you go credit, so I could just put my old SIM straight in (had a few ££ credit left), charge up and go!

Staff were friendly, despite the queue!
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
Page 1
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 8th Sep 17, 2:45 PM
    • 4,346 Posts
    • 1,603 Thanks
    knightstyle
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:45 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:45 PM
    Have to agree that the Tesco mobile phone staff in our local Tesco are very helpful we have bought a couple of cheap smart phones from them and even though we didn't buy our latest phone from them they still helped. That phone was given to us when our old one failed.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 8th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    • 17,003 Posts
    • 11,182 Thanks
    molerat
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    Do Tesco staff get big bucks for selling like the phone shops do ? Probably not so no incentive to push for what the customer does not really need or want.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • takman
    • By takman 8th Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 2,177 Thanks
    takman
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    Was looking for a simple (cheap!) smatphone, to replace my Hauwei that gave up after just a few months (have lost receipt, before you go there..!),

Most branded shops in town don't seem to have any prices on display, and staff lose interest FAST, if you're not after the last eyephone, or a contract..

Was in Tesco for other stuff, and noticed a decent range of phones-
    I got a Alcatel Pixi, for £35 - includes £10 Tesco pay as you go credit, so I could just put my old SIM straight in (had a few ££ credit left), charge up and go!

Staff were friendly, despite the queue!
    Originally posted by skintpaul
    Which version of the Pixi is it?
    • skintpaul
    • By skintpaul 10th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 1,428 Posts
    • 12,909 Thanks
    skintpaul
    • 10th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    Alcatel pixi4. pretty much identical to my previous one, Hauwei Y360. power / volume buttons switched, charger port t bottom, and a thinner battery, so sadly no cannibalising my old phone!
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,839Posts Today

8,334Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin