Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 8th Sep 17, 6:15 AM
    • 2,809Posts
    • 37,869Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Friday 8 September 2017
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:15 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 8 September 2017 8th Sep 17 at 6:15 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 8 September 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Dull, dreich, and raining here this morning, rain started sometime during the night and is ongoing, loads of laying water too.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was gammon steaks, egg, new potatoes and peas, chocolate swiss roll/ice cream for those that wanted some. Tonight will be chicken and bacon kievs, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk, I'll be having mushroom omelette and salad.

Wasn't particularly productive yesterday, just couldn't settle to anything, although I did manage to do a bit of a inventory of the freezers/store cupboards, and did a menu and shopping list based around using up supplies I already have. I also did do several loads of washing, so the basket was empty - I'll expect it's now got something in it already. I want to change our bed and I also have the ironing pile that's been steadily growing all week as I've done a wash load daily. Boys put up my new washing line yesterday afternoon, was hoping for a test run today - but that's not looking likely.

So today -

I'll be heading to the SM to do the food shopping first thing, then home to crack on with the ironing, change our bed, wash our bed linen. If I get chance I may do some baking/cooking, perhaps some oat biscuits, Victoria sponge, it's now at that time of year for comfort food. I need to get jobs done today as I'm working tomorrow, and won't want to be ironing when I get home from work.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 08-09-2017 at 6:31 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 8th Sep 17, 10:40 PM
    • 4,911 Posts
    • 47,415 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Babysitting this morning so that DD4 could check out a creche for 3 girls next year so that she can go back to work........including using subsidy which will be paid for the 2 three year olds and just having them there for about for 3 days and 2 half days will cost the same per month as her DH brings home! All heads busy trying to work out options which cost less.

Lovely sunny day in between the showers today, had a visit from OHs youngest brother who lives in Boston, and his eldest sister who lives on other side of Dublin.....she was 87 last month, lives alone and is sharp as a tack.

Gers....hope that your DM is back to herself by now.

Csarina......you really are having a rotten time at present, I remember UTIs from pregnancies.....not nice. Take it as easy as you can.

JackieO and TA.....love my grandchildren to bits but find the younger ones quite tiring, couple of hours at a time is quite enough.

Just had a phone message that brothers alarm is going off....will arm myself with sturdy stick and phone and meet his partner to check it out, brother is away.

Enjoy your weekend

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
    • Gers
    • By Gers 8th Sep 17, 11:40 PM
    • 5,760 Posts
    • 33,488 Thanks
    Gers
    A very late one from me. DM had a terrible night and I was up with her for most of it. Things didn't improve so I phoned her doc at 1pm, he wanted her admitted to hospital for rehydration and investigation.

Ambulance arrived at 5.30pm. The wait in the Acute Investigation Unit was going to be SIX hours to see a doctor!! They had 48 people waiting with more in A&E. DM was detoriating badly so a polite word with staff helped. By 9.30pm she was waiting for a porter to take her to the receiving ward. At 10.15pm the Sister took her there herself.

Phew...I'm in bed at DM's, really really tired but happy that she's now going to get rehydrated and looked after. The staff are doing what used to be called 'barrier nursing' with her in case her gastric bug is something nasty. I don't think it is because I'm fine!

I've had a handful of Pringle's and a glass of wine. Night all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

268Posts Today

1,329Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin