Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 8th Sep 17, 6:07 AM
    • 1,850Posts
    • 1,203Thanks
    Robin9
    Spam Friday Sept 8th
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:07 AM
    Spam Friday Sept 8th 8th Sep 17 at 6:07 AM
    Is it a new record?

101 not out at 0600 this morning.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Page 1
    • redfox
    • By redfox 8th Sep 17, 6:47 AM
    • 12,420 Posts
    • 35,481 Thanks
    redfox
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:47 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:47 AM
    128 posts and rising

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2637502
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• redfox
    • By redfox 8th Sep 17, 6:52 AM
    • 12,420 Posts
    • 35,481 Thanks
    redfox
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:52 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:52 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2637507
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Catsacor
    • By Catsacor 8th Sep 17, 7:15 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Catsacor
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:15 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:15 AM
    Is there a reason that my previous 3 posts on this have been 'unable to post your reply' ???
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 8th Sep 17, 7:33 AM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 1,424 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:33 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:33 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2637515

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2637514
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • redfox
    • By redfox 8th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    • 12,420 Posts
    • 35,481 Thanks
    redfox
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2637520

• fermi
    • By fermi 8th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 39,279 Posts
    • 47,108 Thanks
    fermi
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2637543
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 8th Sep 17, 10:16 AM
    • 3,386 Posts
    • 17,614 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:16 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:16 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2637549
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 8,707 Posts
    • 20,986 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    Thank you everyone for helping zap these! You're all a huge help!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 8th Sep 17, 12:48 PM
    • 1,850 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    Robin9
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea
    But MSE Andrea - our zaps should be unnecessary if MSE Towers got its super-huge zapper out.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • redfox
    • By redfox 8th Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    • 12,420 Posts
    • 35,481 Thanks
    redfox
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea
    when there is 128+ of them from one spammer it's a bit of a big ask to expect the forum users to trawl through and click the spam button on each one.

Why don't you set a limit to the number of posts a new sign-up can post in the first 12 or 24 hours? It would stop a lot of this rather than relying on your forum users to deal with the problem.

• Biggles
    • By Biggles 9th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    • 7,478 Posts
    • 4,859 Thanks
    Biggles
    Why don't you set a limit to the number of posts a new sign-up can post in the first 12 or 24 hours? It would stop a lot of this rather than relying on your forum users to deal with the problem.
    Originally posted by redfox
    I agree, surely a genuine 'new user' would only post one, or maybe two or three at most, posts on their first visit to the site?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,015Posts Today

8,278Users online

Martin's Twitter