Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • moneysaver1357
    • By moneysaver1357 8th Sep 17, 1:40 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Help to Buy and owning shares in a property company
    • #1
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:40 AM
    Help to Buy and owning shares in a property company 8th Sep 17 at 1:40 AM
    Hi all,

    Quickly want to say this is a great site and forum, I've found so much useful information over the years.

    This is the first time I couldn't find an answer so I've joined to start this thread.

    My question concerns Help to Buy. I understand that people who own property already are not eligible. Does this also apply to people who own shares in a company which owns property?

    Would people who own shares also pay the extra 3% SDLT if they bought a house as their main residence?

Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    • 19,188 Posts
    • 14,848 Thanks
    • #2
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    • #2
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    I don't know about the HtB, but I can't see how the additional SDLT would be due as you don't own another property, the company does.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

854Posts Today

6,917Users online

Martin's Twitter