Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zocchi123
    • By zocchi123 7th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    zocchi123
    Courier purposely not delivering parcel
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    Courier purposely not delivering parcel 7th Sep 17 at 10:30 PM
    Hi,
    I live in a very small village with no shops, my house is down a dead end street, i have CCTV on my front door and a view down the entire street, there is only one way on my street.

My Car battery failed so I ordered one on the the 5th that was shipped with 24hr delivery, the next day i spent the day tracking the parcel as i can't get anywhere without a car the nearest shop is 3 miles away and i couldn't get to work, i have 2 screen on my computer one with the cameras and my computer is directly in front of the window with a direct view of the street ( see image 1 ).

So i was tracking the package, he didnt start delivering packages until 4pm then stopped at 6pm. he had 40+ packages before mine, then 38, 37, 36 then at 35 the tracking page changed to attempted delivery, so i checked all the cameras and nothing not even a car went past the street. i got in touch with yodel then basically told me he had tried to deliver it they will try again, so i left it at that expecting the driver to continue his route in the morning so i would get the package early on, LOL.

Today at 08:01am the package was marked attempted delivery again, i had been up since 7 checking the tracking page which hadn't changed from the night before until it said he had tried again that morning, i contacted yodel who said i was wrong and the driver had started his shift at 8:01 so i checked the site again and it had changed to he attempted delivery twice at the same the night before ( see image 2). they then said it would be delivered today, after some arguing they "escalated" the case.

After the chat i checked the page again and it said he had to deliver 95 packages before mine, YES 95!!. so i waited, through out the day and watched it slowly drop, at 8:30 pm it said he had 4 left, at 9pm it still said 4 left, then the page changed to attempted delivery at 20:40. so i was straight back onto yodel who admitted fault as i sent them screen shots of the CCTV showing he wasn't there and they said they are going to investigate the driver etc.. then it wouldn't let me rearrange it because it was the 3rd time he had tried to deliver it in 2 days and it said i had to collect it 47 miles away which i cannot as I'm stuck here without the battery. i got back in touch and they said it "will" be delivered in the morning tomorrow.

It is just pure laziness, and now I'm pretty !!!!ed off
    Tuesday is my shopping day so I've got no food in the house

because it dint come within the 24 hours it was supposed to
    i couldnt get my son to school today
    • i couldn't get my son to school
    • i had to walk a mile each way and cross a dangerous main road to get to a drive to fish and chips just to give the kids lunch,
    • spend a fortune on takeaways for dinner which had 5 delivery charges as they are 10 miles away
    • I'm a self employed technician and i have had to cancel half a dozen jobs totaling 100s in lost earnings
    and I'm going to have to go through the same again tomorrow, im trapped here until i get this package which a should have been here on the 6th

i didn't mind waiting at first even if it came at 9 tonight i would have been happy with that but the way the driver has been, i has so unprofessional and has cost me dearly, now i want that back.

what can i claim back and how do i go about it, they already admitted fault, i have the transcripts
Page 2
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    • 25,714 Posts
    • 10,220 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    The chip shop is a 1 mile walk but delivery costs a lot because its 10 miles away?

You need the car for work and to earn money but wint jump start it to go and buy a battery?

Just kittens and nuns missing.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 9th Sep 17, 12:29 PM
    • 11,228 Posts
    • 14,755 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I'm surprised this old chestnut hasn't been mentioned yet:

Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,586Posts Today

8,569Users online

Martin's Twitter