Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ladyaimee
    • By ladyaimee 7th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 5Thanks
    ladyaimee
    Old Provident loan details removed on there system after only 3 years
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    Old Provident loan details removed on there system after only 3 years 7th Sep 17 at 10:19 PM
    Hi I'm just wondering if anyone can advise me regarding Provident loans. Up until 2014 I took out no more than 5 loans from them over the years the last 2 being 2014 the 2nd one taken out straight on the back end of the 1st (if that makes sense)

Well I've been looking in to claiming interest back from them after reading about how this can be done if you can prove how you were suffering from hardship while paying the loan back , so I rang them today just to get details of previous loans I've had from them over the years as I have no record myself and was told by the call center advisor that the only detail they had was £600 taken out Dec 2014 .

I told him that I also had another on that same year a few months before so why could he not see that he put me on hold for a WHILE!!! and returned to the call to advise any details of loans I have taken out with them get wiped out the system after 3 years. So basically as a customer/previous customer no information is stored on your account after 3 years surely this can't be right ?? Do you think I was being fobbed off?? Is there a way I could find out previous loans taken out from them or is my credit report the only way as long as it is within 6 years??
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 13,184 Posts
    • 13,493 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    Either a SAR if you don't believe them, or your credit files if you do. There's no requirement for them to keep data longer than they deem necessary.
    • venison
    • By venison 8th Sep 17, 10:28 PM
    • 1,171 Posts
    • 1,223 Thanks
    venison
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:28 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:28 PM
    You wouldn't have borrowed from provi if you weren't in hardship OP so I don't see your point really.
    Doomed I say we're all doomed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

560Posts Today

4,974Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin