Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tinurh
    • By Tinurh 7th Sep 17, 10:04 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tinurh
    Countrywide Parking Management Ltd - Accidently Told Them I Was Driver
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:04 PM
    Countrywide Parking Management Ltd - Accidently Told Them I Was Driver 7th Sep 17 at 10:04 PM
    Hellooo

So need some advice.

Few months ago my partner parked at his sister's place. A month later we received a letter in the post stating we had ignored the PCN and that we had to pay the £100 as we were too late to pay the reduced charge. However he never had a PCN on his motorbike but their picture shows it shoved in between the handle bars. And that he was parked right underneath the parking sign! (Can't argue that he didn't see it) one of the T&C's was to be parked in aarked bay with a permit, but as it's a motorbike he can't put the permit anywhere. And he wasn't parked in a marked bay because he didn't want to use up a space.

We wrote a letter stating that the PCN was not affixed to the windscreen like they stated and he put the reason why he was there and that it was only for 10 mins and he wasn't prepared to pay (so inadvertently stated he was the driver!). They reduced the charge down to the discounted rate for him not getting the notice to driver at the time, but we have ignored any letters since.

We are now at the debt collectors stage which we know to ignore, but as we already named his as the driver where do we stand if this does end up in court? And what should we do next to avoid if anything?

Help much appreciated! Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Sep 17, 10:10 PM
    • 16,513 Posts
    • 20,671 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:10 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:10 PM
    not much that can be done right now

come back if an MCOL comes from Northampton

the PPC has 6 years to issue an MCOL

meanwhile , look up GRACE PERIODS in the relevant CoP
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Sep 17, 10:12 PM
    • 33,247 Posts
    • 17,190 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:12 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:12 PM
    Wait and see if you get court action.

If so the newbies FAQ thread guides you through the process.

Naming the driver means that you can't use any pofa points in the defence as any action would be against the driver.

But you will see many other lines of defence to use should you need a defence amongst the links in the court advice section in the FAQ
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 15,502 Posts
    • 24,208 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    Know your enemy.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211374889-Countrywide-Parking-Management-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Countrywide_Parking_Management.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Tinurh
    • By Tinurh 7th Sep 17, 10:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tinurh
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:53 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:53 PM
    They seem to only have been in operation for the last year (since aug 2016). They've issued 1900 tickets this year and none have gone to court yet, our ticket was issued in April this year. So hopefully they give up before it goes to court!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 11:31 PM
    • 51,506 Posts
    • 65,118 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:31 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:31 PM
    Nothing to worry about, the entire industry is rotten and at least the pre-court rules are being tightened next month, which should make robo-claims harder for this sort of bottom-feeding scam.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 8:52 AM
    • 33,247 Posts
    • 17,190 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:52 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:52 AM
    They seem to only have been in operation for the last year (since aug 2016). They've issued 1900 tickets this year and none have gone to court yet, our ticket was issued in April this year. So hopefully they give up before it goes to court!
    Originally posted by Tinurh
    The only thing to bear in (the back of your) mind is that they have 6 years to start legal action, and no-one knows what will happen to their business model so long in the future.
    • angel89
    • By angel89 19th Sep 17, 8:14 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    angel89
    • 19th Sep 17, 8:14 AM
    • 19th Sep 17, 8:14 AM
    How do you know how many tickets that they have issued and if they have taken anyone to court? I received court papers last month from them...
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 15,502 Posts
    • 24,208 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 19th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    How do you know how many tickets that they have issued and if they have taken anyone to court? I received court papers last month from them...
    Originally posted by angel89
    Read post #4 above.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Sep 17, 8:21 AM
    • 6,340 Posts
    • 8,149 Thanks
    beamerguy
    This is NOT your thread so you can now start your own thread
    and explain further if that is the case ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Tinurh
    • By Tinurh 20th Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tinurh
    When did you get your ticket? Just so we know when to expect court papers?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Sep 17, 1:23 PM
    • 6,340 Posts
    • 8,149 Thanks
    beamerguy
    When did you get your ticket? Just so we know when to expect court papers?
    Originally posted by Tinurh
    I don't think that user is real.

PPC's often post to disrupt
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • angel89
    • By angel89 23rd Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    angel89
    April 2017, I was parked in a office block in Southampton. No PCN was left on the windscreen it was sent to me via the post but all the photos were taken by someone, not by a CCTV camera, i was most surprised! Why wouldn't they just put the PCN on my windscreen?

I have appealed it to both Countrywide Parking and the IAS but both have been rejected.

P.S I am a real user - I was trying to find out if anyone else had been taken to court by them when I come across this post.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 23rd Sep 17, 12:01 PM
    • 33,247 Posts
    • 17,190 Thanks
    Quentin
    You were answered in #9

Whatever the current status they have 6 years to take legal action against you
    • waamo
    • By waamo 23rd Sep 17, 1:19 PM
    • 2,088 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    waamo
    April 2017, I was parked in a office block in Southampton. No PCN was left on the windscreen it was sent to me via the post but all the photos were taken by someone, not by a CCTV camera, i was most surprised! Why wouldn't they just put the PCN on my windscreen?

I have appealed it to both Countrywide Parking and the IAS but both have been rejected.

P.S I am a real user - I was trying to find out if anyone else had been taken to court by them when I come across this post.
    If you have received court papers you need to start your own thread for advice.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,564Posts Today

8,155Users online

Martin's Twitter