Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thira157
    • By thira157 7th Sep 17, 9:36 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    thira157
    Wrong P45 after JSA what to do?
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:36 PM
    Wrong P45 after JSA what to do? 7th Sep 17 at 9:36 PM
    Hi everyone,

I got JSA only for 3 months about 2,5 years ago - but I just reviewed my tax of that year for another reason and I realised that the P45 that the DWP sent to me and to HMRC was wrong. Hence on my tax that year my JSA should be for 8 weeks but its only for 4.

Was I responsible of giving them the right info? is it my fault or theirs ?

How can I get now the right P45 so the HMRC can have the right amount that I received?
Page 1
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 8th Sep 17, 1:05 AM
    • 1,603 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:05 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:05 AM
    Sadly errors are quite common. If eg a claim is closed in error by a JCP office they often send a P45 out, so for example even though a claimant claimed JA for a 3 month period, there may be two P45s for 6 week periods each. However you can write to a DWP BDC and request a P60 for that tax year.

It isn't your fault.

As I suggested it may be correct it's just that you have only been provided with one of the P45s the DWP produced.

You can request your NICs record online. www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record

That should show any omissions eg if the DWP failed to credit yourself with NICs for 2 weeks or more that will mean that year does not count towards your pension (until they rectify it). It's sadly quite common with JSA claimants who are sanctioned for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Mersey; 08-09-2017 at 1:08 AM.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • thira157
    • By thira157 8th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    thira157
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    Thanks for toue reply.
    You are right. The issue was that by mistake they stopped the jsa and then they corrected that so the P45 they sent was wrong.

I figured that because I was reviewing my p800 for that year and I saw that the p45 they sent me is the only info that hmrc has for my jsa claim.

So I assume the never corrected that.

What I do care is to correct that on my p800.

How can I do that ?
    Should I ask for another p45 for them or a p60 ?

Will they have it or they need to create it now ?

Is it my responsibility to declare the right jsa on hmrc or theirs ?

Thanks a lot

Looking forward to your response
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 9th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 1,603 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 9th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    Its their (the DWP's) error ie the info they provided you was incorrect. Sadly a lot are system generated when they close claims in error.

Yes, request a P60. You can write to your local Benefit Delivery Centre or JCP Manager. They should respond in writing within 2 or 3 weeks.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,432Posts Today

7,876Users online

Martin's Twitter