Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • leylie
    • By leylie 7th Sep 17, 9:28 PM
    • 85Posts
    • 49Thanks
    leylie
    Electromagnetic Parking Sensors
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:28 PM
    Electromagnetic Parking Sensors 7th Sep 17 at 9:28 PM
    Hello - does anyone have any experience of these please? I'm having trouble finding recent reviews.
    Thank you
    Leylie
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 7th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 10,375 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    What about them?

Personally buy a proper kit.
    Last edited by forgotmyname; 07-09-2017 at 9:55 PM.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • gabitzul
    • By gabitzul 8th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    • 242 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    gabitzul
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    Waste of money in my experience, utterly unreliable, lots of false alerts.

Look at the expensive cars, £100k plus, they still use the "classic"ones, that should tell you why. They just work.
    • leylie
    • By leylie 8th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    leylie
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    gabitzul - Thank you for explaining why you don't rate them

forgotmyname - thank you for your opinion
    Last edited by leylie; 08-09-2017 at 4:49 PM. Reason: to put 2 replies into one message
    Leylie
    • UncleZen
    • By UncleZen 9th Sep 17, 11:55 AM
    • 552 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    UncleZen
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:55 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:55 AM
    I had a car once with aftermarket rear parking sensors fitted. There were no visible circles, so I assume they were fitted on the inside of the plastic bumper. They may have been the type you mention.
    My tests suggested there were 2 sensors about 4ft apart. They worked, until the bumper was wet from overnight rain then they were hopeless until the raindrops had been blown away.
    • leylie
    • By leylie 9th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    leylie
    • 9th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    I had a car once with aftermarket rear parking sensors fitted. There were no visible circles, so I assume they were fitted on the inside of the plastic bumper. They may have been the type you mention.
    My tests suggested there were 2 sensors about 4ft apart. They worked, until the bumper was wet from overnight rain then they were hopeless until the raindrops had been blown away.
    Originally posted by UncleZen
    Sounds like the sort - interesting comments thank you, especially about the rain - and having only '2 sensor zones' as my understanding was that the whole width of the bumper was covered. One of the main reasons I was going for this sort!
    Leylie
    • missile
    • By missile 9th Sep 17, 4:03 PM
    • 8,990 Posts
    • 4,365 Thanks
    missile
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:03 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:03 PM
    Have you considered a reversing camera? I find this more useful than sensors.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
    • robotrobo
    • By robotrobo 9th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 826 Posts
    • 696 Thanks
    robotrobo
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    Sounds like the sort - interesting comments thank you, especially about the rain - and having only '2 sensor zones' as my understanding was that the whole width of the bumper was covered. One of the main reasons I was going for this sort!
    Originally posted by leylie
    hello.
    i fitted similar ones to my alfa, they are very expensive and you have to remove the bumpers to fit the metal strip to the inside of the bumper.
    I have since fitted ordinary cheapish ones to other cars ,and they are a lot better , cheaper(£20), & easier to fit for the diy man.
    Dont waste your money.
    • leylie
    • By leylie 10th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    leylie
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    reversing camera
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    Thank you - I am also considering a camera as there was one in the test car I drove, so your comment is helpful.
    I'm actually fairly confident with reverse parking - but this new (to me) car has a much shorter bonnet than I'm used to and I can't actually see the front of the car, I was hoping the electromagnetic sensors would help me there.
    Leylie
    • leylie
    • By leylie 10th Sep 17, 8:24 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    leylie
    Thanks everyone for your comments - I'll certainly re-consider my options. Maybe I just need to give myself more time to get used to my 'new' car!
    Leylie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,640Posts Today

6,711Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin