Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eny80
    • By Eny80 7th Sep 17, 9:02 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Eny80
    Mercia Removals from Hereford
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:02 PM
    Mercia Removals from Hereford 7th Sep 17 at 9:02 PM
    Be aware of this company. Unfortunately had a very bad experience with the owners Mark, Kevin and all their staff. Paid for move of all my furnitures from UK to Spain and almost everything arrived damaged with damages worth thousands of pounds. I also discovered they didn't insure my stuff while they said it was. Even stolen some stuff! Now looking on how to revenge legally against them. Be aware please, they operate also on uship, Shipley and other internet portals with different names. They might also change soon name, but if from Hereford and still Barn Court, stay far away.
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Sep 17, 9:15 AM
    • 18,445 Posts
    • 14,155 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:15 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:15 AM
    I hope you have good lawyers on stand by as I'd imagine it'll be pretty easy for the company to work out who you are should the named people wish to start libel proceedings against you.
    • Hermione Granger
    • By Hermione Granger 8th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    • 743 Posts
    • 1,142 Thanks
    Hermione Granger
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    I hope you have good lawyers on stand by as I'd imagine it'll be pretty easy for the company to work out who you are should the named people wish to start libel proceedings against you.
    Originally posted by agrinnall

Provided what the OP stated is true then it's not libellous and if there is any proof of what happened, the company concerned would be very foolish to consider trying legal action.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    • 18,445 Posts
    • 14,155 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    Provided what the OP stated is true then it's not libellous and if there is any proof of what happened, the company concerned would be very foolish to consider trying legal action.
    Originally posted by Hermione Granger
    Absolutely, but posting about it in public is a risk that doesn't really seem very sensible, at least until there has been some resolution to the situation.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 8th Sep 17, 12:24 PM
    • 3,214 Posts
    • 3,251 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:24 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:24 PM
    The region in Spain is called Murcia, so I'd instinctively avoid a company calling themselves Mercia.

OP has also reviewed elsewhere.

https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/mercia-removals-hereford
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • marcarm
    • By marcarm 8th Sep 17, 12:27 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 796 Thanks
    marcarm
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:27 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:27 PM
    The region in Spain is called Murcia, so I'd instinctively avoid a company calling themselves Mercia.

OP has also reviewed elsewhere.

https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/mercia-removals-hereford
    Originally posted by DoaM
    West Mercia is the region of Herefordshire, Shropshire and Worcestershire so guess that is where the name comes from rather then a destination they may/may not transport goods to
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 8th Sep 17, 12:35 PM
    • 3,214 Posts
    • 3,251 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:35 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:35 PM
    Never thought of that. Of course, there is/was the West Mercia Police force.

(Must refresh oneself regarding the ancient history of England).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,676Posts Today

6,647Users online

Martin's Twitter