Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mumtobe2016
    • By Mumtobe2016 7th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Mumtobe2016
    Zenith letter - to pay or not to pay?
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    Zenith letter - to pay or not to pay? 7th Sep 17 at 8:42 PM
    I know this is another help.. but we've have had so much conflicting advice from others we have no idea what to do!
    My husband parked in a disabled bay (I've shouted at him for it, baby was crying and it was torrential downpour) when we came out of the restaurant for a meal. He left the car and came to get us and when he got back we had a ticket from UKPC.
    He was advised by a friend to ignore the ticket as they aren't allowed to ticket you on private land. He's since received 3 letters from DRP (Debt recovery plus) offering different amounts to avoid legal action. He has ignored all of these, and has now received 2 letters from Zenith collections offering £80.00 to avoid legal actions. We have ignored these letters as well, and were planning on continuing to ignore them until today...
    My husband was talking to a friend at work, discussing car parking fines (as you do) and the friend mentioned that he had been to court over a similar thing, had ignored the letters and the offers and had a larger fine to pay and now has a CCJ. This is obviously something we do not want to happen, and my husband now wants to pay. I think its all still a con... what should we do?
    we did not appeal as advised on here (idiots) so dont know where we stand. . Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    • 15,502 Posts
    • 19,590 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    ZENITH is DRP, same company debt collectors

IGNORE

now please read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum, tells you all about ignoring them setc

as does this thread too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

that "friend" should have paid the county court judgment within 28 days to avoid the CCJ

dont ignore court papers, plus pay up IN FULL if you lose in court , promptly
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 8:50 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,417 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:50 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:50 PM
    My husband was talking to a friend at work, discussing car parking fines (as you do) and the friend mentioned that he had been to court over a similar thing, had ignored the letters and the offers and had a larger fine to pay and now has a CCJ.
    That's odd, if he went to a defended hearing and lost, if he paid within 30 days, as you would, there would be no CCJ. We almost never see a well defended hearing lost here (just once in over a year). And when people lose they then pay what the Judge says, about £175, and it's gone.

Sounds like the friend didn't get advice here.

But this friend was worse:
    He was advised by a friend to ignore the ticket as they aren't allowed to ticket you on private land.
    ...that friend stopped you from appealing and winning easily at POPLA. That's likely to have been easily within your grasp in that first few weeks, probably using 'no keeper liability' by stopping UKPC from issuing a Notice to Keeper. By ignoring it, you get a NTK and that argument is then in the bin.

We believe we can win every time and 99% of the time, posters here do! Really this is no biggie. NEVER contact the debt collectors.
    my husband now wants to pay.
    No, they are ex-clampers with form for falsifying photos:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

I think its all still a con
    Yes!

It's only one PCN and only UKPC, unlikely to go to court (they prefer multi PCN 4 figure cases, and we win them too)! If you get a court claim, it's game on, so come back - do not pay.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-09-2017 at 8:58 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    • 5,955 Posts
    • 7,672 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    I know this is another help.. but we've have had so much conflicting advice from others we have no idea what to do!
    My husband parked in a disabled bay (I've shouted at him for it, baby was crying and it was torrential downpour) when we came out of the restaurant for a meal. He left the car and came to get us and when he got back we had a ticket from UKPC.
    He was advised by a friend to ignore the ticket as they aren't allowed to ticket you on private land. He's since received 3 letters from DRP (Debt recovery plus) offering different amounts to avoid legal action. He has ignored all of these, and has now received 2 letters from Zenith collections offering £80.00 to avoid legal actions. We have ignored these letters as well, and were planning on continuing to ignore them until today...
    My husband was talking to a friend at work, discussing car parking fines (as you do) and the friend mentioned that he had been to court over a similar thing, had ignored the letters and the offers and had a larger fine to pay and now has a CCJ. This is obviously something we do not want to happen, and my husband now wants to pay. I think its all still a con... what should we do?
    we did not appeal as advised on here (idiots) so dont know where we stand. . Thanks
    Originally posted by Mumtobe2016
    DRP and Zenith are just timewasters and you must ignore,
    this means no contact with them whatsover
    DRP AND ZENITH ARE 100% POWERLESS TO BE IGNORED

Shame about your friend, if he had come here he would not
    have had the problem.

Right now you ignore the scammer debt collectors and if UKPC
    want to take it further, you will hear from them and then
    you come back here for all the help you need

DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY DEBT COLLECTOR SCAMMERS
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Mumtobe2016
    • By Mumtobe2016 7th Sep 17, 9:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mumtobe2016
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:56 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:56 PM
    Thanks everyone, your advice has cleared everything up for us and we will continue to ignore. Phew - relief.
    Will make this our first port of call in future and ignore the "wisdom" of friends!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

263Posts Today

1,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin