Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shanejosephdonnelly
    • By shanejosephdonnelly 7th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 39Thanks
    shanejosephdonnelly
    PCN From CE Service
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    PCN From CE Service 7th Sep 17 at 8:01 PM
    I've read through the newbies thread but I can't understand it as well as I'd like to. I'm seeking some help for a Parking Charge Notice that has been sent by Civil Enforcement.
    The vehicle is a mobility car that the disabled person (the person who received the letter/the keeper?) doesn't drive.
    The car was parked for just under 15 minutes while attempted phone calls were made to the business (a working mens club) that has the car park attached to it - the business did not answer the phone, so we couldn't speak to anyone about viewing the club - if we had been able to we would have paid for parking. They continue to not answer the phone.
    The letter was issued on 25/08, and the incident date was 22/08.
    I'm going to go to the car park to see if there are signs and will take pictures as needed.
    Other info: The driver is diabetic and needed to check blood glucose levels.
    Can anyone help me with the wording I'll need to use in my appeal, or direct me to a thread that might help?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Sep 17, 8:08 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:08 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:08 PM
    use the blue text template for the initial appeal , as keeper

do not mention who was driving

its likely that CEL will refuse this appeal, and issue a POPLA CODE

if they ask who was driving , IGNORE and wait for the popla code

then follow post #3 of that NEWBIES thread

ps:- the EA2010 is what protects the person who was issued with the motability vehicle , so a complaint about that to the landholder may help, asking for a cancellation

again , do not reveal who was driving
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • shanejosephdonnelly
    • By shanejosephdonnelly 7th Sep 17, 8:17 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    shanejosephdonnelly
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:17 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:17 PM
    Thanks, I was confused by the blue text where it says:
    "Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause..."
    The pcn was sent to the keepers home address - so they have already obtained the data, yes? So do I need to change that wording at all?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Sep 17, 8:21 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:21 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:21 PM
    yes , change it to the past tense by adding 6 characters

Should you have obtained
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    Oh let's not have this again, who honestly cares...!

It says 'SHOULD YOU' which is deliberately vague and doesn't need re-writing. How does it matter, this is semantics.

Unimportant detail, send the template as it is - or edited - whatever you prefer, it doesn't affect anything at all.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-09-2017 at 9:59 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,150Posts Today

6,150Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin