Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ilse247
    • By ilse247 7th Sep 17, 7:59 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ilse247
    parking eye offer of payment
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:59 PM
    parking eye offer of payment 7th Sep 17 at 7:59 PM
    Hi
    Long story short I was sent a parking eye ticket which was delivered to the wrong address (Postie delivered it to the wrong street and the householders were on holiday so it took a while for it to reach me). I sent a letter with a cheque for £60.00 and thought it was sorted til I received a county court notification. I wrote to them again enclosing a second cheque for £60.00 (I checked with my bank and the original cheque was not cashed so I put a stop on it) I have received a letter from Parking Eye today with my second cheque stating that they won't accept it but will accept £150.00. I can't afford that kind of money what do I do?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

That thread has advice on dealing with pcns right from the first issue to s court hearing and what to do when receiving a court claim

Read up on action you need to take immediately on receipt of a claim and how to prepare a defence.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 12:10 AM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:10 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 12:10 AM
    til I received a county court notification.
    What exactly?

Court claim? What date, and have you done a defence?

Or was this notification a Judgment for the Claimant in default?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    • 7,374 Posts
    • 6,421 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    If you are determined to pay, (why), ask for mediation and offer £60, no more, (it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick).

They know the story, it was not your fault and a court claim fot much more would be unreasonable in the circumstances.

However, if they refuse, go to court and fight it tooth and nail, a judge might see it your way.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • ilse247
    • By ilse247 8th Sep 17, 10:50 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ilse247
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:50 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:50 PM
    It was a notification that they were taking me to court for £175. I have acknowledged the claim online and put in a partial defence, I made the original payment as I have a lot going on at the moment health wise and I cant deal with something else going on.
    • ilse247
    • By ilse247 8th Sep 17, 10:55 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ilse247
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:55 PM
    Thanks
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:55 PM
    Thanks, I will do that, I can only try. Thanks for the reply.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 12:30 AM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:30 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:30 AM
    I have acknowledged the claim online and put in a partial defence,
    What did the defence say, word for word, in the copy you obviously kept, ready for the hearing later?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,547Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin