Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeeP90
    • By LeeP90 7th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LeeP90
    Please advise as just got a letter from Debt Recovery Plus!!
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    Please advise as just got a letter from Debt Recovery Plus!! 7th Sep 17 at 7:33 PM
    Hi everyone,

So we live in a private estate which is regularly patrolled by CPM (UK Car Park Management). We have our own designated space with a number on. We also have to display a permit which corresponds to that number...you get the idea.

So my girlfriend came home from work and forgot to put the permit on the dash. And low and behold we got a Parking Charge Notice from CPM. My girlfriend rang up in anger and insisted that it blew off when she shut the door and that we were in our own space anyway! She said we wasnt going to pay a penny!
    The lady said they'll look into it and phone us back...they never did.
    Then about 3-4 weeks later we got a letter from CPM with pics of our car in OUR space and insisting for £100.
    I ignored it following advice from this site.
    Today, about 3 weeks later we have recived a letter from Debt Recovery Plus and the charge is now £160. It says that if i dont pay then they will recommend their client to take court action against us.
    At the bottom of the letter it says that many people say to ignore these letters but in November 2015 a motorist was taken to court and the Supreme Court ruled the parking charge was infact lawful!

Is this just scare tactics?? Am I ok to keep ignoring these letters? Shall i phone up and explain our case again? Will it affect my credit rating if i do ignore?

Please advise guys as i only started worrying today when i got the debt collection letter.

Thanks in advance guys
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 7th Sep 17, 7:40 PM
    • 7,790 Posts
    • 7,884 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:40 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:40 PM
    Please read Post Four of the Newbies Sticky or the PLEASE GOD NO MORE DRP THREADS thread.

They are both there to save us from YET ANOTHER IDENTICAL DRP THREAD!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Sep 17, 7:45 PM
    • 2,100 Posts
    • 2,506 Thanks
    waamo
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:45 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:45 PM
    This thread explains all. Read ALL of it. Do not skimp and you will be fine. Make sure you read every single post though. It is important.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663&highlight=drp
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 11:49 PM
    • 51,562 Posts
    • 65,178 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:49 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:49 PM
    At the bottom of the letter it says that many people say to ignore these letters but in November 2015 a motorist was taken to court and the Supreme Court ruled the parking charge was infact lawful!
    Yes, and some of us are in touch with Barry Beavis (who has joined the 'good guys & girls' group fight against scumbag parking firms). We know all about his case so really, we don't need to hear what DRP are saying about it...

No action needed. Read the threads about tedious debt collector letter chains.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Sep 17, 9:12 AM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,159 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:12 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:12 AM
    Originally posted by LeeP90
    DRP RUBBISH AGAIN

DRP had nothing to do with the Beavis case and has nothing
    to do with you ????

DRP are blasted all over Google as to IGNORE

Timewasting company. CATEGORY = SCAM/SPAM/TOILET PAPER
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

28Posts Today

4,250Users online

Martin's Twitter