Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PlumbingTheDepths
    • By PlumbingTheDepths 7th Sep 17, 6:54 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PlumbingTheDepths
    Effect of damage on double glazing guarantee
    • 7th Sep 17, 6:54 PM
    Effect of damage on double glazing guarantee 7th Sep 17 at 6:54 PM
    Hi,
    I just wondered if I could get any thoughts on the following situation.

I recently had a new uPVC door installed in a house that I rent out. Unfortunately, the tenant had a contractor install an alarm sensor on the door, which resulted in four holes being made in the door (one of which went right through a narrow part of the frame).

As the holes were made intentionally, would this likely affect the guarantee on the door, if there were a fault in the future?

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Page 1
    • GrumpyDil
    • By GrumpyDil 7th Sep 17, 7:02 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    GrumpyDil
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:02 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:02 PM
    I suspect that would depend if the holes caused or contributed to the fault. You could always ask the the manufacturer, particularly if this is because you are wondering if the holes might amount to damage in relation to a tenant deposit.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 7th Sep 17, 7:20 PM
    • 11,288 Posts
    • 8,504 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:20 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:20 PM
    The only party who can tell you the terms of the guarantee (and whether the damage might invalidate it) would be the guarantee provider.

Theres no legal requirement to provide a guarantee so they can choose to provide it (if they choose to provide one at all) under any reasonable terms they want to.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,877Posts Today

7,967Users online

Martin's Twitter