Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dan567
    • By Dan567 7th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dan567
    Misspelled info - PCN / Court Claim
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    Misspelled info - PCN / Court Claim 7th Sep 17 at 5:09 PM
    Hi all,
    I have had a read through the newbies thread and found a large amount of useful info. However, I've got a question which I could not find the answer to.

First of all here is a bit of context:
    I received 3 PCN's 10/11/12 June whilst visiting my friend in Manchester. Basically I left my hire purchase car outside his apartment over the weekend, thinking it would be okay as cars were lined up all down the road (Stupid me). I came back to it find three PCN's on the windscreen.

On the 13th July I received an email from my employer, saying that they had been sent two parking tickets and I needed to settle it with the parking company.
    I checked the PCN’s from my windscreen and found that they had misspelt my registration on one of the PCN’s, which I presume is why my employer did not receive this.

However, a week later I received three LBC’s through the post. They had now changed the registration from what the original PCN said to what the other PCN’s were. So basically they had changed the registration on the parking charge.

Yesterday, I received a court claim through the post for just short of £400 including court fees/ expenses. One of the referenced parking charge notices on this does not match anything I have received......(Slightly)

I would have looked at this sooner but have had a lot on recently and it completely slipped my mind.

Will these typos make these two parking charges invalid?

If so, how would be best to include this in my reply to the court?

Any additional information on my next move would be much appreciated as I’m on apprentice wage and a £400 fine would destroy me.

Thanks in advance!!
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    • 7,384 Posts
    • 6,427 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    Any additional information on my next move

Have you read the stickies?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,193 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    The lack of Notice to Keeper for one of them is useful, except they will show that a PCN was placed on the windscreen each time and that was the time & opportunity for the driver to appeal.

You should absolutely NEVER ignore a PCN when the car isn't yours, because (unless it's a firm that can't get DVLA data) obviously the PPC is going to write to the DVLA keeper, the company. Even a real PCN from the Local Authority goes the same way, and in future you need to deal with PCNs when they are put on the car or you are going to get into more trouble than it's worth, wit the employers.

Some Lease firms just pay fake PCNs unquestioningly, and charge the hirer/driver, no appeal, nothing.

Having said that, you need to tell us you've done the AOS as shown in a pictorial link in the NEWBIES thread post #2, to extend the defence time to 28 days, and show us your draft defence cribbed from the examples linked in the sticky thread. Add in some wording to state that:

The Defendant avers that the car was not moved in the time between the PCNs and so even if the court believes that there was a breach of contract (any contract/breach is denied) at the most it can only have happened once, by the action of parking. On street, Local Authority policy and best practice is to cancel subsequent PCNs when the vehicle has not been moved between times, and since private firms mimic Council PCNs to their advantage and profit, they cannot have it both ways.

What are the signs like?

Show us a photo asap (delete the http part of the URL of your photos, as you can't post links yet).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-09-2017 at 6:15 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Dan567
    • By Dan567 12th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dan567
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    Thanks for your prompt reply and statement about the car not being moved over the three days, will be sure to include it as it makes a very good point!!

Also, I have already completed the AOS to ensure myself a bit of extra time to come up with a usable response..

I was waiting to get the Parking Sign photo sent to me before I uploaded the photo's, but anyway here is the link.
    Court letter & Letter Before Court & Parking Sign:
    photobucket.com/gallery/user/Dan567567/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxNDQyMDE1NjM=/?ref=1

The company is called "Car Park Management Services (cpms) ltd"

I included the "Notice to Hirer" in the link as it shows that this company (9091690) is registered in Bristol on the footer of the page, which i have double checked using the company number above on the gov website.

However the claimant on the Court Claim Form/Parking Sign is registered in Manchester, is this normal or another point that a statement could be written on?

Again thanks for your help so far as it has proved invaluable
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    • 4,517 Posts
    • 2,853 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    Dan, it would be a good idea to remove the PCN numbers from that claim form photo.

PPCs do trawl these forums looking for evidence and anything mentioned on this thread, e.g. a hint of who the driver might be, can easily be related to those particular incidents.
    • Dan567
    • By Dan567 12th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dan567
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    Ah I see, have removed the photo thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,051Posts Today

7,324Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks

• Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• Follow Martin