Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deason_uk
    • By deason_uk 7th Sep 17, 4:55 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 0Thanks
    deason_uk
    VT inspection servicing
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:55 PM
    VT inspection servicing 7th Sep 17 at 4:55 PM
    Hi,

I have a bad inspection booked for the 19th and they said if the service light is on the finance company (vwfs) will decide whether to charge for servicing.

I've got the service due by 28th Sept but collection is booked for the 22nd.

What do you recommend I do here? stump up now or take the risk?

Will this end up with Audi charging me excessively more than a normal service?
Page 1
    • loskie
    • By loskie 7th Sep 17, 7:36 PM
    • 1,149 Posts
    • 694 Thanks
    loskie
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:36 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:36 PM
    is the service light on? If so ask VW finance the cost and decide if you can be bothered to service it or not.
    They are the folks to ask not us!
    • deason_uk
    • By deason_uk 7th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deason_uk
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    is the service light on? If so ask VW finance the cost and decide if you can be bothered to service it or not.
    They are the folks to ask not us!
    Originally posted by loskie
    I've looked into it and the BVLRA guide says "Advisory alerts are acceptable"....

http://issuu.com/bfwsn67/docs/fwt_volkswagen_financial_services_2?e=2001091%2F12 361092
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 7th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 26,034 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    Get the oil changed they turn the light off sorted.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,985Posts Today

8,272Users online

Martin's Twitter