Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tonybalaji
    • By tonybalaji 7th Sep 17, 4:29 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tonybalaji
    quality of service
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:29 PM
    quality of service 7th Sep 17 at 4:29 PM
    I'm considering mortgages between Virgin Money and HSBC. Does anybody have any experience of how quickly either of these providers are able process an application and complete the valuation etc.
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 7th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    • 9,744 Posts
    • 3,761 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    How quick do you need the process to be?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • tonybalaji
    • By tonybalaji 7th Sep 17, 9:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonybalaji
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:23 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply. If I made an application on Monday 11th Sept it would be useful to have to the process resolved by the end of October. Just trying to avoid running into December and holidays / delays.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 8th Sep 17, 9:26 AM
    • 31,929 Posts
    • 17,060 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:26 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:26 AM
    I would tip VM to have an offer out within two weeks of the application subject to you providing all that's needed on application and them not having issues getting a valuation done and you not requesting a report on condition.

As to the 'end of October' thing that's going to depend on your chosen solicitor. Once the mortgage offer is issued, it normally sits around doing nothing for several weeks while the legal work is done.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,364Posts Today

7,847Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin