Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wal123g
    • By wal123g 7th Sep 17, 4:03 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 7Thanks
    wal123g
    Smart parking, Zenith, Gladstones - Northern Ireland
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:03 PM
    Smart parking, Zenith, Gladstones - Northern Ireland 7th Sep 17 at 4:03 PM
    Hi all,

I have been receiving debt collector letter from smart parking and zenith (another trading name of smart parking) for approximately one year for an alleged parking offence from August 2016 on a retail site that has a 2 hours parking restriction.

Until now I have been ignoring the letter but this week I have received from one Gladstone, from research on this forum I have determined it has been sent from DRP as the reference code begins with 3 and requests payment made to DRP therefore will not be paying the requested £170.

Unfortunately I am only finding this forum now so I have not lodged any appeals, I have read the newbies section which for NI states,

If in Scotland/NI:

Apart from (of course!!) complaining to the landowner/retailer you should IGNORE your fake PCN unless you are not the registered keeper and that is a company (hire car or leased/company vehicle).*

You are safe to ignore because there is no worthwhile appeals process - do not believe what the fake PCN says! This Watchdog video still applies in Scotland and NI because a PPC has to know who was driving (unlike in England/Wales now):

WHEN IGNORING IN SCOTLAND/NI, KEEP ALL LETTERS. DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY.

I now want to deal with the matter but I feel a bit lost. I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me to the correct step in the newbies where I should start. Is it too late to complain or appeal?

Many thanks in advance!
Page 2
    • wal123g
    • By wal123g 8th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    wal123g
    How in the blazes did a NI/Debt Collector thread run to over twenty posts!

OP. you are either grossly overthinking this to the point of obsession, or out to waste peoples time, which could be better used helping people who really have something to worry about!
    Originally posted by pogofish
    Apologies Pogofish, I was simply relying to people's posts or questions, common courtesy, no intention of wasting time! I already stated how grateful I was for the advice, not here to abuse the system, its great what you all are doing. I have deleted two of my reply posts and changed to thanks instead, sorry for the newbie confusion if I didn't stick to forum etiquette.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,367Posts Today

8,098Users online

Martin's Twitter