Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tir21
    • By tir21 7th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 948Posts
    • 181Thanks
    tir21
    could i describe this repair by Shorade as fraudulent?
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    could i describe this repair by Shorade as fraudulent? 7th Sep 17 at 3:53 PM
    i want to leave a review describing this company as - 'in my experience' - fraudulent, but dont want to get sued for libel

they said they would replace a broken headlight washer valve but just glued it into position with resin

https://ibb.co/gBsg6v

The MD later admited it was not up to their usual standard and paid for it to be repaired elsewhere
    Last edited by tir21; 07-09-2017 at 3:57 PM.
Page 5
    • tir21
    • By tir21 9th Sep 17, 11:19 PM
    • 948 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    Hello Richard, or is it Deck for short?

You are very obviously identified on their facebook site. Now who's not got all their tools in their shed?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ShoradeUK/reviews/

5th review down.

I hope you have evidence of fraud as there is now a pingback to this thread, and you will be jointly liable with the owners of this site for libel.
    Originally posted by Mercdriver

See post 24 - your 54 posts behind. Do try to keep up
    • tir21
    • By tir21 9th Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    • 948 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    They haven't made a gain. You haven't made a loss. Ergo, no fraud. You know it too, or else you would not be talking about it here as your lawyer would have told you not to talk about it in the real world, especially as you are clearly identifiable.
    Originally posted by Mercdriver
    Do you really not think that the cost of some resin compared to the cost of a new bumper is not making a gain? Are you really that.... no I wont say it
    • tir21
    • By tir21 9th Sep 17, 11:27 PM
    • 948 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    bigadaj

The fact the comoany paid for the car to be repaired elsewhere suggests they are not fraudulent.
    does it then follow that a thief that gives the money back if he gets caught isn't a thief
    Last edited by tir21; 09-09-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    • BeenThroughItAll
    • By BeenThroughItAll 9th Sep 17, 11:31 PM
    • 4,582 Posts
    • 3,986 Thanks
    BeenThroughItAll
    OP, I don't suppose you've ever not not had a fictitious non-imaginary fake real accident with a cyclist, have you?
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 10th Sep 17, 12:02 AM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 955 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    Do you really not think that the cost of some resin compared to the cost of a new bumper is not making a gain? Are you really that.... no I wont say it
    Originally posted by tir21
    You don't need to say it, context shows what you are saying. Saving cost doesn't make it fraud.

You are clearly using this website to mount a campaign against the company concerned, and risking it being sued jointly with you.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 10th Sep 17, 7:25 AM
    • 10,655 Posts
    • 6,958 Thanks
    bigadaj
    bigadaj

does it then follow that a thief that gives the money back if he gets caught isn't a thief
    Originally posted by tir21
    So take it to court.

I'd assume that the business owner will be in contact with his lawyers, they can get very expensive.

PS - every post you make is giving him more evidence so crack on.
    • tir21
    • By tir21 10th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 948 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    A response to the MD of Shorade
    have recently been aware of a number of unfortunate comments made by Mr Turner on your forums regarding my business, including some extremely serious accusations which are in my opinion unfounded and without merit.
    which ones?

For many years I have built and up my business from very little. As a company, we got here not by taking the mick, or doing bodge jobs.
    https://ibb.co/gBsg6v
    is this not a bodge or is it an example of someone who really takes pride in their work? Would you use this image as an example of your companies workmanship on your website? Your website claims that "ONLY PERFECT WILL DO". Does this example of your companies workmanship back up that claim?

But by taking real pride in what we do, caring for our customers. This is something that both me and my engineers take full personal responsibility for. Therefore, it hurts me to see mud and untruths slung so casually and so unfairly.
    Thats strange when I asked you if you knew anything about the novel method used to hold the washer valve in place - you said you knew nothing about it. Sounds like you were blaming you staff to me

We have been nothing but courteous with my Turner.
    shame you didn't show the same courtesy to my car

He has berated my receptionist on numerous occasions
    untrue and irrelevant anyway in regards to the issue at hand

and we have told him that we will do any work to a safe acceptable standard.
    you've already admitted in writing to me that what you did was not to an acceptable standard. Why should I have trusted you again? You had plenty of opportunity to tell me that the reason I was unhappy with the alignment of the washer valve cover was because you were labouring against the handicap of a missing bracket. Did you ever really think glueing the washer valve was going to look ok?

In fact, we went further to accommodate him and did over 4 hours of work for free.
    what - fixing the scratches you put on the vehicle and glueing a washer valve?

That is time that we could have spent on other vehicles but evidently this gesture of good will has apparently proved insufficient.
    of course it was insufficient. You've admitted as much in your letter (which I still have a copy of) and by agreeing to pay the cost and expenses of getting it fixed correctly elsewhere (circa £2080)

Both my self and my secretary will be monitoring this forum. At this time we are considering seeking legal redress.
    I am considering legal redress for your accusation that I am a liar. Either say what I'm lying about or withdraw that comment

I cannot afford to see my business and our reputation that we have built up for so many years tarnished in this way.
    then dont damage cars in your care and then bodge the repair you agree to undertake
    Last edited by tir21; 10-09-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

82Posts Today

2,506Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin