Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tir21
    • By tir21 7th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 965Posts
    • 181Thanks
    tir21
    could i describe this repair by Shorade as fraudulent?
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    could i describe this repair by Shorade as fraudulent? 7th Sep 17 at 3:53 PM
    i want to leave a review describing this company as - 'in my experience' - fraudulent, but dont want to get sued for libel

they said they would replace a broken headlight washer valve but just glued it into position with resin

https://ibb.co/gBsg6v

The MD later admited it was not up to their usual standard and paid for it to be repaired elsewhere
    Last edited by tir21; 07-09-2017 at 3:57 PM.
Page 1
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 7th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    • 9,932 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    So has the valve been replaced with no additional cost to yourself?
    • tir21
    • By tir21 7th Sep 17, 3:58 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:58 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:58 PM
    yes by another company
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 7th Sep 17, 4:01 PM
    • 9,599 Posts
    • 10,759 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:01 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:01 PM
    How much did they charge for the initial repair? and what exactly was written on the invoice?

I wouldn't use the word "fraudulent" as they may simply claim it was an unintentional error on the paperwork and I would simply state something such as:

I took my car to XXX to get the headlight washer valve fixed and I was invoiced by them for having replaced the valve.
    However, they had not replaced it, simply glued the broken part back into place.
    When I pointed this out to them, their MD arranged for my car to repaired properly elsewhere
    • tir21
    • By tir21 7th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    the initial repair was respay of the door sill but they bumped it. when i collected car it has powder around the headlight washer. 3 days later noticed massive leak when using window washers. they did not admit causing damage but said they would replace headlight washer valve as a good will gesture
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 7th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    angrycrow
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    Wow I believe this is now the 14th thread op has created about this issue. It has gone beyond an obsession. Op live and let live and move on. It is not fraudulent and describing it as such in writing on a public post would be libel.

The photo shows a perfectly acceptable repair using plastic welding. This is how they repair car bumpers after accidents and is as strong as the original material and an industry accepted practice.
    Last edited by angrycrow; 07-09-2017 at 5:21 PM.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 7th Sep 17, 5:25 PM
    • 15,483 Posts
    • 13,800 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:25 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:25 PM
    They did the work FOC, but not to your preferred standard. What's fraudulent about that?
    • tir21
    • By tir21 7th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    • 7th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    They did the work FOC, but not to your preferred standard. What's fraudulent about that?
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    because the washer valve needed to be attatched to a bracket - rather than being glued in. when i said the cover was not aligned properly they said it was within manufacturer tolerance - but there is no way in would be intolerance if a bit of the bumper has been broken off
    • tir21
    • By tir21 7th Sep 17, 6:49 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    • 7th Sep 17, 6:49 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 6:49 PM
    Wow I believe this is now the 14th thread op has created about this issue. It has gone beyond an obsession. Op live and let live and move on. It is not fraudulent and describing it as such in writing on a public post would be libel.

The photo shows a perfectly acceptable repair using plastic welding. This is how they repair car bumpers after accidents and is as strong as the original material and an industry accepted practice.
    Originally posted by angrycrow
    if that is the case why did the manager say it was well below their usual standards and pay 2k for a new bumper to be fitted at another accident repair centre?
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 7th Sep 17, 6:50 PM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 1,098 Thanks
    Tarambor
    Well my fog lamp on my Mondeo is aligned within tolerance and I know that there's a bit of the bumper which is one of its clips missing because I spent 5 years giving it a kick to put it back instead of taking the headlight out and fixing it properly and eventually one of the screw tabs broke off the bumper. It is now aligned properly with a screw shoved through an adjacent bit of bumper and the tab on the fog light, perfectly reasonable repair.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 7th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 15,483 Posts
    • 13,800 Thanks
    AdrianC
    because the washer valve needed to be attatched to a bracket - rather than being glued in. when i said the cover was not aligned properly they said it was within manufacturer tolerance - but there is no way in would be intolerance if a bit of the bumper has been broken off
    Originally posted by tir21
    Lovely, an' all. How much were you defrauded of?
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 7th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 1,444 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    if that is the case why did the manager say it was well below their usual standards and pay 2k for a new bumper to be fitted at another accident repair centre?
    Why did you not add to one of the other many threads you have started on this issue? You even thanked me for my comment last time.
    • tir21
    • By tir21 7th Sep 17, 8:30 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    Lovely, an' all. How much were you defrauded of?
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    fraud:
    obtained, done by, or involving deception, especially criminal deception.
    • tir21
    • By tir21 7th Sep 17, 8:33 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tir21
    angrycow - when are you answer post no 9
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 7th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    • 13,123 Posts
    • 8,321 Thanks
    arcon5
    Your being a right drama queen
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 7th Sep 17, 10:29 PM
    • 15,483 Posts
    • 13,800 Thanks
    AdrianC
    fraud:
    obtained, done by, or involving deception, especially criminal deception.
    Exactly. How much?
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 7th Sep 17, 11:21 PM
    • 1,444 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    Perhaps they were incompetent in the way that you describe them in many many threads. How does that make them fraudulent?

They might advertise themselves as experts, but the fact that your experience leads you to believe they are not, does not make them fraudulent. The fact that they are still in business must mean that they are at least more competent than not.
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 8th Sep 17, 8:14 AM
    • 391 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    angrycrow
    angrycow - when are you answer post no 9
    Firstly get the user name right please one is bovine the other is corvus big difference.

To be honest if I were the manager at Shoreade dealing with such a aggressive obsessive individual I would probably have stumped up £2k from the company account to make you somebody else's problem.

Op is so obsessive he felt the need to pm me that he had only made 9 posts not my suggested 14.
    Last edited by angrycrow; 08-09-2017 at 8:17 AM.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 8th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 1,420 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    Op is so obsessive he felt the need to pm me that he had only made 9 posts not my suggested 14.
    Originally posted by angrycrow
    What do you expect when you post fraudulent information?
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 8th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 391 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    angrycrow
    What do you expect when you post fraudulent information?
    Originally posted by Aylesbury Duck
    Glad you spotted my error, I shall immediately retire to the naughty step and consider the consequences of my fraudulent activity.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,099Posts Today

8,635Users online

Martin's Twitter