Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Sep 17, 2:34 PM
    • 1,924Posts
    • 8,040Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    At what age?
    • 7th Sep 17, 2:34 PM
    At what age? 7th Sep 17 at 2:34 PM
    Did you really feel your age?

and what age do you think you look? older or younger?

Did you look your age when you were young and do you look your age now?
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2411.8
    This week 73.3
Page 2
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Sep 17, 9:55 PM
    • 26,328 Posts
    • 14,085 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The law only sets a minimum age but there is no law saying that anybody over the age of 18/21 has to be served or preventing a shop setting age higher age restrictions of their own.

Maybe they had a problem with under 40 drunks in the neighbourhood.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    They have the right to refuse service on any product but whatever the product they would usually have a reason. There is a reason for them to adhere to the law. Refusing service because a person is not over 40 is just silly. That's why if it had been me I would have asked for an explanation considering the law says 21. Many here have a challenge 25 policy but that does not mean they won't sell to you if you are under 25 but over 18.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 8th Sep 17, 10:20 PM
    • 7,009 Posts
    • 18,903 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    It depends on the time of day & how recently I've had a brew.

I've recently lost weight & feel a cheerful physical decade younger, but my inner self is much younger still. Even huffing after 8 flights of steps, I still don't think I'm anywhere near retirement! (In part as I'm not, and in part as I Scout - time spent with that lot leaves you feeling younger even if tired!)
    • Judi
    • By Judi 8th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    • 15,067 Posts
    • 61,279 Thanks
    Judi
    When my periods stopped (i was 48).
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Vickimichelle
    • By Vickimichelle 10th Sep 17, 12:35 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 5,873 Thanks
    Vickimichelle
    I'm 44, I don't feel 44 mentally but due to medical problems feel older physically. Luckily I look a lot younger so my genes are not completely rubbish
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,797Posts Today

7,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin