Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 7th Sep 17, 1:39 PM
    • 7,851Posts
    • 1,815Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Stuck in EU for another 7 years
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:39 PM
    Stuck in EU for another 7 years 7th Sep 17 at 1:39 PM
    So Europe expects UK to continue to pay the same “contributions” to Europe for the next 7 years – I am assuming that if we do this – we will continue to receive the same rebates and help for agriculture etc for the same 7 years ?
    It appears that we are stuck – nothing will change at all – until 2022 ?
Page 1
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 7th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    • 4,817 Posts
    • 16,062 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 7th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    The level of tie in across so many sectors will take some unpicking especially as we still need to have access to most of those same sectors once we exit.

I am still trying to fathom out what people think will change once we leave? Still haven't found out one sensible answer to that yet.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 7th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    • 26,096 Posts
    • 33,076 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    So Europe expects UK to continue to pay the same “contributions” to Europe for the next 7 years – I am assuming that if we do this – we will continue to receive the same rebates and help for agriculture etc for the same 7 years ?
    It appears that we are stuck – nothing will change at all – until 2022 ?
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    Had we been a net recipient would they still be insisting we keep accepting their money?

I wonder where in the bit we signed to join EU does it say 7 years, or is this just another attempt at a frightener?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • bap98189
    • By bap98189 7th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 2,531 Posts
    • 4,164 Thanks
    bap98189
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    i am still trying to fathom out what people think will change once we leave? Still haven't found out one sensible answer to that yet.
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    no more furriners!!!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

298Posts Today

1,553Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin