Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ianhigs
    • By ianhigs 7th Sep 17, 11:36 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ianhigs
    Joint Account Help!!
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:36 AM
    Joint Account Help!! 7th Sep 17 at 11:36 AM
    Hi Everyone,

Myself and my ex wife divorced last year, was all very amicable but now there is a problem on my credit report.

I have a status on credit report from Santander showing that a joint account we had is overdrawn (only by £270) and they have 5 months of non payment against me. this is an account I completely forgot about! They have me down as Gone-Away as the address they held was about 3 house moves ago.

Having spoken to Ex Wife she changed accounts and forgot to clear balance. As I said its all amicable and she is prepared to tell Santander its her debt, and ask for me to be removed from account. Is this something they would do? And would said marks on credit report then go away?

Thank you for any help in advance!
Page 1
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 7th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    • 4,118 Posts
    • 1,504 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    No its a joint account hence they wont remove it as you both are responsible
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 7th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 1,522 Posts
    • 1,816 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    I suspect that you'll have to clear the debt before you can (both) close the account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,823Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin