Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • linkk
    • By linkk 7th Sep 17, 11:25 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    linkk
    Contract hire servicing at independant garage problem
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:25 AM
    Contract hire servicing at independant garage problem 7th Sep 17 at 11:25 AM
    Hi All,

I'm a first time poster on the forums and have a question about contract hire servicing.

I have a Seat Leon on a 2 year contract hire deal from Seat Finance which is due to go back in the next few weeks. I have had the car serviced as per the manufacturers standards and timelines at a VAT registered independent garage assuming that was acceptable according to the general information I've seen online about contract hire servicing.

I have now learned from Seat's website that they want servicing done at Seat Main dealers. I know I should have check earlier but was wondering if they are likely to penalise me when they take the car back and if so what those penalties are likely to be ?
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 7th Sep 17, 1:35 PM
    • 2,198 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:35 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:35 PM
    I don't have a contract hire car but when I had my most recent car it came with a warranty that stipulated main dealer servicing. When I checked, all I had to do was use a dealer that carried out the servicing in line with the manufacturer's service schedule and use consumables (oil etc.) as specified by the manufacturer.
    • loskie
    • By loskie 7th Sep 17, 4:58 PM
    • 1,149 Posts
    • 695 Thanks
    loskie
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:58 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:58 PM
    I would say nothing unless you are asked. IIRC VW finance do stipulate franchised servicing which you can appreciate from their point of view is two fold: revenue from servicing and maintaining the value of their asset.
    You may be confusing the use of a non franchised garage for the so called block exemption for maintaining a warranty.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,603Posts Today

9,975Users online

Martin's Twitter