Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Montybobrem
    • By Montybobrem 7th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Montybobrem
    Waiting for a job to start...
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    Waiting for a job to start... 7th Sep 17 at 10:51 AM
    I've just qualified as a midwife and secured a full time position at a good hospital - woohoo! But here's what I could do with some advice on - my start date isn't for 39 days, and I could do with some suggestions on how to fill my time! As anyone who's just completed an undergraduate degree will understand, I am totally totally broke, so the whole 'go off and enjoy yourself for a month!' thing is out of the question. Any suggestions for productive ways to fill my time? Especially anything that might earn me some pocket money in the mean time so I can eat for these 39 days would be appreciated!
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Annie35
    • By Annie35 7th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Annie35
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    little boring but you could just go on bank or agency
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 7th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    Do you like Festivals...if so consider steward work.

Money isn't great at £8.50 average,but tend to be long ish hours (hours = Money) and you get to see/hear bands.

Don't need to be licensed either and still plenty of festivals on.
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 7th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 1,322 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    Deliver some leaflets to make the most of the last few sunny days?!
    Could see if any agencies have short term immediate start jobs? I did 2 weeks admin and a week covering a reception desk and a weeks washing pots. Each time I was just covering someone's holiday and you get paid weekly.
    • nicechap
    • By nicechap 7th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    • 823 Posts
    • 1,883 Thanks
    nicechap
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    https://www.indeed.co.uk/Bank-Midwife-jobs

I'm surprised that the hospital(s) or birth centres where you did your training placements didn't snap your hand off to sign up with them given the national shortage.
    Last edited by nicechap; 07-09-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote was right and saw into the future.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,737Posts Today

9,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GabbyLogan: @MartinSLewis you are just brilliant. Love the format, great pairing with Angelica ????

• Hi folks. Thanks for watching.am shattered. Hope you enjoyed the show. Must admit can't remember any of it right no? https://t.co/zPn8xwVKqv

• Anthony here (Martin's tweet-double), signing off now. The next voice you hear will be Martin's. Thanks all and goodnight. #MartinLewis

• Follow Martin