Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jimmyb78
    • By jimmyb78 7th Sep 17, 9:39 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 9Thanks
    jimmyb78
    Apcoa Parking fines and 'admin' on rental car- Paid at machine with 1 wrong digit :(
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:39 AM
    Apcoa Parking fines and 'admin' on rental car- Paid at machine with 1 wrong digit :( 7th Sep 17 at 9:39 AM
    Hello,

I'm confused as to correct procedure here. I've been charged 2 £55 admin fees by easirent for 2 'fines' by Apcoa. They allege I didn't pay when at a hotel at the end of July. I have a debit card receipt for the payment covering the parking period. However I'm sure I entered a wrong digit on the car registration on the machine, putting a 5 instead of an S. I'm now on the hook for 2 £60 fines as I took the car out of the parking lot to fill it up and then returned. They have sent the CCTV stills as their proof.

Easirent have just charged me 2 lots of £55 as admin on top of this.

I have no real idea who to go to first. Should I challenge Apcoa and then easirent. Vice versa?
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 51,537 Posts
    • 65,144 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not a waste of time because ADR costs the hire firm money, and they MUST offer ADR!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 7th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 806 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    Not a waste of time because ADR costs the hire firm money, and they MUST offer ADR!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

Fair enough......
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • jimmyb78
    • By jimmyb78 29th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jimmyb78
    UPDATE---

APCOA cancelled both tickets. I then forwarded this info to Easirent. So today I finally received a mail from the woman in the PCN dept about my admin fees...

'Hi,

Apologies for the delay in regards to your refund. I have been waiting for our lease company to get back to me.

They have credited 50% of the admin charges so I have refunded this back on to your card.'

I replied saying this was unacceptable as they are still trying to keep hold of 55 pounds for essentially nothing. I received this reply

'I have refunded you what I am authorised to do. The admin fee is £55.00 per fine as per your Terms & Conditions of hire with Easirent. We do incur admin fees and costs ourselves for every fine we process and will always do our best the help where any fines are cancelled.

It is APCOA that issued the fines incorrectly and I have helped as much as I can. If you wish to take this further please do contact our Customer Services Team
    at customer.services@easirent.com'

I could reply directly to her with the info about this not being a fine and a speculative invoice etc. but it seems she's absolved herself of further responsibility. What do you guys think about best next steps?
    Last edited by jimmyb78; 29-09-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 29th Sep 17, 10:36 AM
    • 866 Posts
    • 975 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Chargeback on credit card

These are not fines, and they are not covered by the terms and conditions.
    • jimmyb78
    • By jimmyb78 29th Sep 17, 10:43 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jimmyb78
    I've no record of any tickets that match your details on my fines system, so it must have been one of their owned vehicles, but I do have a good contact at ER if you need any help later on.
    Originally posted by StaffsSW
    Hello Staffs, tried to PM you but couldn't get through. If you could share your easirent contact with me, I could see if they could help. Thanks.
    • jimmyb78
    • By jimmyb78 29th Sep 17, 10:45 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jimmyb78
    Chargeback on credit card

These are not fines, and they are not covered by the terms and conditions.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    I'll try that as a last resort. The card I used is from my Russian bank, so explaining such technicalities about the British parking fine system may be tricky
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 29th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 866 Posts
    • 975 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Just say they are invoices, like any private firm issues, just "dressed uP" to look like they are more official.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 29th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    • 5,376 Posts
    • 5,412 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    Hello Staffs, tried to PM you but couldn't get through. If you could share your easirent contact with me, I could see if they could help. Thanks.
    Originally posted by jimmyb78
    I've replied now.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
    • jimmyb78
    • By jimmyb78 9th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jimmyb78
    I've replied now.
    Originally posted by StaffsSW
    Thanks very much!
    • jimmyb78
    • By jimmyb78 9th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jimmyb78
    Update: After an intitial reply from Easirent saying their 'lease company' would only refund 50% of my admin fees I have now received the whole sum back after escalating it with customer services. Thw whole business has taken about 5 weeks to resolve in all.

Thank you everyone for your help!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 17, 10:35 AM
    • 6,348 Posts
    • 8,155 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Update: After an intitial reply from Easirent saying their 'lease company' would only refund 50% of my admin fees I have now received the whole sum back after escalating it with customer services. Thw whole business has taken about 5 weeks to resolve in all.

Brilliant, a lesson to everyone
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Oct 17, 11:24 AM
    • 7,382 Posts
    • 6,424 Thanks
    The Deep
    If I had been in your shoes I would have sent the hire company an LBC.

I find that most customer service departments are staffed by lowly paid clerks with very little authority. At the moment I am in dispute with Santander, a HA, APCOA, and British Gas, Unless they accede to my reasonable demands, I plan to cost them £££s in letter ping pong, LBCs., etc.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 9th Oct 17, 2:48 PM
    • 5,376 Posts
    • 5,412 Thanks
    StaffsSW

Their alternative supplier would have refunded the entire admin fee upon the first request...

I shall remind Mr Easirent of this when I next speak to him
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 9th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 1,605 Posts
    • 2,716 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    your input here was really helpful Staffs, thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,326Posts Today

7,025Users online

Martin's Twitter