Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Via
    • By Via 7th Sep 17, 8:12 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Via
    Can an old debt be re-added to credit record?
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:12 AM
    Can an old debt be re-added to credit record? 7th Sep 17 at 8:12 AM
    Basic background is 9 years ago I separated from my ex partner, it was an extremely rough time and I ended up defaulting on several accounts.

However I come to an agreement with all debtors and setup monthly payments (bank account overdraft, 2 loans and 2 credit cards).

I never received any communication from these since the payments have setup and all have subsequently stopped taking money (I still have same bank account and never cancelled any of the direct debits).

I received 6 letters all at once yesterday (sent to work rather than home... delays in getting to me), one from bank account saying they have now passed my account to Moorcroft and 5 from Moorcroft demanding payment of ~£750. (This debt was originally £2500 so no idea why they have taken £1750 of payments and then stopped).

My main concern now is if this has been passed to a new debt recovery company will this end up back on my credit record? I am only just starting to get back to a decent score.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Sep 17, 8:13 AM
    • 13,189 Posts
    • 13,504 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:13 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:13 AM
    No. An account falls off 6 years after default and cannot be put back.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 7th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    • 29,966 Posts
    • 18,978 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    Your score isnt an issue as only you can see it, your history is whats important since that is what lenders see.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,924Posts Today

6,208Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin