Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tlstokes
    • By Tlstokes 7th Sep 17, 4:16 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tlstokes
    Overseas lender
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:16 AM
    Overseas lender 7th Sep 17 at 4:16 AM
    Hi

I am British living in Qatar. I want to top up my current personal loan but cannot because my company I work for is not listed with the bank.

I have a good salary.

I do not have a permanent address outside of Qatar

Can anyone recommend good financial institutions that could offer me a personal loan based on salary?

There seems so many fakes out there I don't know who to trust.

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • dresdendave
    • By dresdendave 7th Sep 17, 10:37 AM
    • 634 Posts
    • 732 Thanks
    dresdendave
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:37 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:37 AM
    You would probably be better finding a more relevant place to pose this question, perhaps a site for British ex-pats living in Qatar.

Far more likely to find people who have been in your situation.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 8th Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    • 23,984 Posts
    • 11,294 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    If you have a UK bank they will not give you a loan if you are an ex pat.
    However they could introduce you to their offshore division who deal with people such as yourself all the time.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,995Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin