Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rosemary64
    • By rosemary64 7th Sep 17, 12:44 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rosemary64
    Help with distressing an already painted floor
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:44 AM
    Help with distressing an already painted floor 7th Sep 17 at 12:44 AM
    I wanted my wooden plank bathroom floor painted paint, then grey, then a distressed effect. Crossed wires led to whole floor being painted with a proper floor paint. Resulted in it looking like a heavily glossed skirting board. You couldn't even see where there was any real planks under it at all. It's only now after 6 months, that the cracks between the planks are starting to show through. One in particular, growing in width runs completely wall to wall. Don't know if that will happen in time? Anyway, to get to point, I am disabled and can't paint can't do much in the sanding area either (not that sanding it made a slight scratch off of the paint ). What I am wondering is, if anyone can advise me, is what to do now? What can be done now? Son desperately wants to help bless him, but he is a diy novice. Can he paint white over the grey then sand bits off to show grey. Then maybe fix with a stain or varnish. If so would be a watered down white? Sorry if waffled have tried all different searches but it doesn't explain what to do if floor already painted and especially not with a treacle like floor paint. Thanks for reading
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,544Posts Today

8,295Users online

Martin's Twitter