Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Iantolley
    • By Iantolley 7th Sep 17, 12:25 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Iantolley
    Broken bed concerns
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:25 AM
    Broken bed concerns 7th Sep 17 at 12:25 AM
    Hi everyone.

After a bit of advise.

I recently purchased a new bed from a large welknow local retailer.

Within 6 months one part of the divan base had broken. I contacted the retailer and they were great. They asked for some pictures and then confirmed they would be delivering a new divan base. We had to wait around 3 weeks but I didn't mind.

We took delivery of the new bed on Wednesday and on Monday I noticed the exact same part had failed. I contact the retailer and again there response we good. They are sending out another base.

My concern is where do I stand if this base also breaks. I have lost confidence in the product. I'm happy to try this 3rd bed base but if this one fails I don't want a 4th. Would I be able to return the bed as it clearly not made correctly.

The company have been great so far and I'm not someone to be difficult for the sake of it but I spent nearly £2000 on this bed and I just want a product that is going to last.

Any advise on the this would be greatly appreciated as I'm staring to worry I may stuck with a faulty bed.

Many thanks in advance.

Ian
Page 1
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 7th Sep 17, 1:33 AM
    • 11,531 Posts
    • 8,666 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:33 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:33 AM
    You don't say when you purchased it but given you said first one broke within 6 months and the replacement arrived wednesday, I'm assuming it was bought after 1st Oct 2015 and therefore Consumer Rights Act would apply.

Under CRA if an item doesn't conform to contract within the first 30 days (of entering the contract), you can reject for a full refund. After that, you need to allow them one attempt at a repair or replacement. If the goods still do not conform after that attempt, you then have the right to reject the goods for a refund (you can allow them further attempts if you want, but you're not obligated to do so). If its been more than 6 months from purchase, they can reduce the refund to account for use you had of the goods & can also ask you to prove any lack of conformity is inherent in nature.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,105Posts Today

5,091Users online

Martin's Twitter