Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aadd
    • By aadd 6th Sep 17, 11:21 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 0Thanks
    aadd
    Land Registry- On Garages?
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:21 PM
    Land Registry- On Garages? 6th Sep 17 at 11:21 PM
    Hi im looking to buy or rent a garage in a small block of garages near my home, I cant find out who ownes the unused one the council told me to check the Land Registry? I cant seem to find info on blocks of garages, only houses and the garages. Anyone any idea?

Thanks
Page 1
    • tealady
    • By tealady 7th Sep 17, 5:42 AM
    • 2,722 Posts
    • 3,208 Thanks
    tealady
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:42 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:42 AM
    Have you tried the map search facility (£4 according to the gov.uk website).
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
  • Land Registry
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:44 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:44 AM
    Our online guidance explains how you can search online or by post

The Map Enquiry option enables you to use your address to centre the map and zoom in on the land/garage you want. Ideal for fairly large parcels of land and easily identified garages. But it will only work for registered titles and is very much a 'buyer beware' service as a result.

If you want greater accuracy you can make a postal search if the index map. That costs £4 and we check for you and then tell you which title(s) if any are involved. You can then search the specific titles online.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,547Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin