Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mmackinnon
    • By mmackinnon 6th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mmackinnon
    Solihull Skating Rink 'PCN', any suggestions?
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    Solihull Skating Rink 'PCN', any suggestions? 6th Sep 17 at 11:14 PM
    Hi there,

I'm the registered keeper of a car that was parked at a skating rink in Birmingham
    (about 40 minutes away from home) a short while ago. I won't go into who the driver was as
    this is a public forum.

The Driver, X, drove into the parking lot, not noticing that this was a pay-to-park
    lot. They parked near the rink and went into the rink for some skating. Once inside,
    they found out that it was pay parking, so they went out to see about paying for the
    parking. X didn't have any cash, but checked to see if the machines would take a card.
    They didn't. X checked to see if there was a way to pay by phone. There wasn't.
    So, X set off to find a cash machine. They couldn't find any in the immediate vicinity,
    so they came back to the car, moved it from the lot to an area on the street where
    they could legally park, and returned to the rink. X entered the rink and enjoyed
    over two hours of skating at the rink.

Now, I'm getting a letter in the post from Premier Park wanting money for the car being in the lot for 15 minutes.

I used the default template to challenge the 'PCN' and ask for POPLA code. They emailed
    me back with the following email:

============
    Dear Mr XXXXXX,

Re: Parking Charge Notice #######
    We write to acknowledge receipt of your recent online appeal, on behalf of the driver, appealing against the issuing of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to the vehicle.

We note your comments and must refer you to the Protection of Freedoms Act (PoFA) 2012, Schedule 4 - Recovery of unpaid Parking Charges. This is available to view online at:
    [link redacted]

We must therefore request that the details of the driver of the vehicle at the time of the contravention are supplied; this must include their full name and serviceable UK postal address. If you are unwilling or unable to provide these details the registered keeper of this vehicle will remain liable for this PCN. This information should be provided by 21st September 2017. Please note, Premier Park Limited will not reply to any correspondence until after the above date, if the requested information is not provided.

If we do not receive this information by the date given, the registered keeper of the vehicle at the date of event will be held liable.

If you would like to view our photographic evidence, please visit [link redacted]

Please respond by return or by filling in the Transfer of Liability form on the reverse of the PCN and posting it to Premier Park, PO Box 624, Exeter, EX1 9JG.
    ============

Any suggestions on what I should do?
    Why are they stalling till the 21 September?
    Should I reply right away to ask again for a POPLA code?

Any suggestions on what my next step should be?

Thanks for any help!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Sep 17, 11:16 PM
    • 16,570 Posts
    • 20,729 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:16 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:16 PM
    they are trying to sc@m you into revealing the drivers details

its a common trick , thats why , so dont fall for it

IGNORE them for now and wait for the rejection and popla code
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 1:58 AM
    • 51,560 Posts
    • 65,177 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:58 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:58 AM
    I used the default template to challenge the 'PCN' and ask for POPLA code. They emailed me back with the following email:
    Happens every time - have you not read any other Premier Park threads? It will help you.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• mmackinnon
    • By mmackinnon 7th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mmackinnon
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    I have read other threads. It just seems more personal when it's happening to you... :|

Thanks for your replies. It's definitely a comfort...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

15Posts Today

4,362Users online

Martin's Twitter